Oxalis is a neighborhood bistro just steps from the Brooklyn Museum created out of a desire to create an unparalleled dining experience that is both approachable and accessible. Our focus is serving fresh and natural ingredients with a beverage program of equally seasonal cocktails, craft beers and a selection of ready to drink new and old-world wines, while delivering the highest level of hospitality and service.
We are looking for full-time Chef de Parties who:
- Have good communication skills
- Seek to work in a prideful work environment
- Maintain exceptional sanitation standards
- Have a curiosity and desire to learn and grow with us
- Ability to follow instructions and remain calm under pressure
- Ability and willingness to take direction, and work in a team environment.
- Understanding of general knife skills & classical cooking techniques
- Be able to follow and uphold the cleanliness of the kitchen and NYC DOH standard
- Minimum 4 years restaurant experience in this role
- Understanding of proper NYC DOH sanitation standards
- Positive attitude in the workplace
-Ability to work/stand for 8-10 hours a day and to carry up to 20lbs occasionally
- Ability to work and keep your workspace clean and uphold the standards of the restaurant
- Ability to work late nights and holidays as required
Plus, but not required:
- Experience in 2+ New York Times reviewed restaurants
- Experience in Michelin-rated and fine dining restaurants
- NYC Food Handler's License
For more information, you can email us at www.oxalisnyc.com or send us a Direct Message on Facebook or Instagram (@oxalisnyc).
Please include a brief cover letter along with your resume. We look forward to meeting you.
Oxalis is an equal opportunity employer to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, or disability. In addition to federal law requirements, Oxalis complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment. Additionally, Oxalis expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual origination, gender identify or expression, age, or disability.More detail about Oxalis, please visit
Loading some great jobs for you...