Parsons has designed and built some of the world's most iconic (infrastructure/bridges/rail structures/airports), evolving to become a trusted solutions provider as the world advances toward a more connected future.
We are growing and now hiring engineers/inspectors with experience, to work on Bridge Design/Construction projects in NY. If you have a strong civil/structural background, inspection experience and living in the NY City area, apply today! These are full time positions, with benefits, paid overtime and we have a great backlog of work!
In this role, you will be performing complex inspection tasks for bridge, and rail/transit projects. You will be expected to inspect various facets of work on the jobsite and perform continuous surveillance of assigned inspection activities to ensure compliance with all applicable codes, standards, and specifications. Our inspectors document nonconformance and may participate in determining appropriate resolution. Inspection activities are usually concentrated in one of the following areas: Civil structures, soils, concrete, asphalt, utilities, architectural, mechanical, or electrical. Willingness to travel and/or to relocate to field sites is expected.
Conducts inspections to determine if work has been done in accordance with contract specifications and may include any of the following:
* Demolition of transportation facilities (roads, streets, bridges etc)
* Construction of roads, bridges, and other associated improvements (curb and gutter, street, sidewalk, landscaping)
* Drainage work, traffic control, compliance with SWPPP requirements
* Irrigation and planting, roadway and overhead sign removal and installation.
* Installation on temporary and permanent signs and delineation
* Installation of mechanical equipment
* Taking project photographs on a daily basis and filing them
* Maintains office files related to the project, quantity calculations and writes daily diaries.
* Prepares daily reports and other documentation, as required by the contract
* Verifies that only approved materials are incorporated in the work.
* Performs labor compliance interviews and maintains as-built plans.
* May provide technical guidance to lower-level inspectors.
* Coordinates work of subconsultants for surveying and material testing.
* Participates in the development of job safety practices and in the preparation of safety reports.
* Participates in the development of quality control reports and procedures.
* Reports on installed quantities to verify applications for payment and change order work.
* Responds to the call backs in case of emergency at the project site.
* BS degree in Civil or Structural Engineering preferred;
* 2 year degree required
* 5+ years of civil/structrural construction inspection experience on bridge, road or highway projects, or other heavy civil construction including foundation inspection
* Prefer NICET Certification
* Must have valid drivers license.
* Prefer PE License in NY or willing to obtain through reciprocity
* Prefer construction safety training including OSHA 10 hour training completion
* Must be able to read and interpret blueprints and construction specifications and be thoroughly familiar with construction-related processes related to area of assignment.
Associated topics: athletic, garden, jardinero, lawn, maintenence, mower, podadore, road, sod, sweep