- Penn State Milton S. Hershey Medical Center
- $50,560.00 -78,130.00/year*
500 Homestead Ln
Penn State Health Milton S. Hershey Medical Center
Work Type: Full Time
Hours: 7:30a - 5:00p
An opportunity exists for a Coordinator of Protocol Review/Monitoring in Hem-Onc Clinical Trials within the Penn State Cancer Institute (PSCI) at Penn State Health - Milton S. Hershey Medical Center in Hershey, Pennsylvania. They will be responsible for coordinating and facilitating the submission and activation process of research protocols at the PSCI. They will also oversee the coordination of the PSCI Protocol Review and Monitoring Committees (PRMC) as required by NCI guidelines, as well as the implementation and management of the Data Safety and Monitoring program, including the operation of an external Data Monitoring Committee for high risk studies.
* Provides overall support and organization for all PRMC functions, including maintaining records and follow-up on corrective actions
* Monitors studies and reviews the consenting process, adverse events, and adherence to protocol
* Serves as point-of-contact for all activities related to monitoring adherence to PRMC policies and procedures as outlined in the Data Safety and Monitoring Plan adopted by PSCI as required by the Cancer Center Support Grant guidelines
* Meets periodically with principal investigators to review the progress of the study and documentation of these meetings with minutes
* Prepares the agenda and reviews material prior to the committee meeting to assure that material required for review are available
* Acts as the liaison to Committee Chairmen, Program Leaders, Principal Investigators, regulatory specialists and study coordinators
* Conducts site visits for the accreditation of affiliate sites
* Bachelor's degree or equivalent knowledge in an Allied Health/related field
* Five years of experience in a clinical trials research setting
* Knowledge of cooperative group studies and industry-sponsored research
* Strong verbal and written communication skills, organizational and analytical skills
* Master's degree
As part of one of the country's pre-eminent universities, our 548-bed tertiary medical center is the central Pennsylvania's region's only level I adult and pediatric trauma center and academic medical center. Also home to Penn State Children's Hospital and Penn State Cancer Institute, we are considered a resource for the most complex adult and pediatric cases.
Hershey, PA, and the surrounding area offer a pleasant alternative to the pressures of urban living with a mix of well-maintained communities with quiet tree-lined streets, safe shopping districts, beautiful farmland, and state parks and game lands. It's the best of both worlds, with cultural events and nightlife within driving distance in Harrisburg; Philadelphia; the Pocono Mountains; Baltimore; Washington, D.C.; and New York City. The area is home to two sports teams, an amusement park, golf courses, professional and amateur theater, symphonies, and opportunities for hunting, fishing, and mountain biking.
To apply for this position, please visit the following website link and requisition #14985:
If chosen for this position, you may be required to pass a Post Offer Employment Physical Exam in accordance with the measurements listed in the Work Task Analysis (WTA) report. This job description is a general outline of duties performed and is not to be misconstrued as encompassing all duties performed within the position. All individuals (including current employees) selected for a position will undergo a background check appropriate for the position's responsibilities.
Penn State Health is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer, and is committed to providing employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. If you are unable to use our online application process due to an impairment or disability, please call 717-###-#### between the hours of 8:30 AM and 4:30 PM, Eastern Standard Time, Monday - Friday, email ...@pennstatehealth.psu.edu or download our Accommodation Instructions for Job Applicants PDF for more detailed steps for assistance.
Associated topics: clinical, clinical development, clinical informatics, clinical trial, coordinator, lab, laboratory, research, research coordinator
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...