Penn State Health Milton S. Hershey Medical Center
Work Type: Part Time
Penn State Health Milton S. Hershey Medical Center is seeking a part time Music Therapist to support our team in the Pediatric Emergency Department!
The Music Therapist will provide comprehensive, evidence based music therapy services to pediatric patients and family members that support goals of care and meet emotional, physical, cognitive, social, cultural and communicative needs. Knowledge of pain management and procedural support methods would be helpful.
Penn State Health offers strong benefits and an opportunity to make a direct and lasting impact in the lives of others.
The individual selected for this role will:
* Coordinate patient care with medical team and child life specialists.
* Document music therapy interventions and outcomes in electronic medical records.
* Communicate effectively with interdisciplinary teams around clinical care
* as well as issues revealed through music therapy sessions.
* Participate in formal and informal music based staff support sessions.
* Actively participate in multi-disciplinary clinical supervision group and individual supervision.
* Record music therapy statistics required for departmental quality assurance.
* Adhere to infection control procedures and other safety standards.
* Assist with mapping treatment protocols and research studies as assigned.
* Complete departmental and hospital-required administrative tasks.
Bachelor's degree from an AMTA (American Music Therapy) accredited institution and certification (MT-BC) through the Certification Board for Music Therapy
3 months effective experience.
Able to sit and stand frequently; walk occasionally.
Able to lift/carry 0-10 lbs frequently; 11-50 lbs occasionally.
Able to push/pull 0/20 lbs frequently; 21-75 lbs occasionally.
Able to climb and reach occasionally.
Able to use hand for simple/firm grasping.
* Appended to this job description is the Work Task Analysis that further describes the physical requirements appropriate for this role.
If chosen for this position, you may be required to pass a Post Offer Employment Physical Exam in accordance with the measurements listed in the Work Task Analysis (WTA) report. This job description is a general outline of duties performed and is not to be misconstrued as encompassing all duties performed within the position. All individuals (including current employees) selected for a position will undergo a background check appropriate for the position's responsibilities.
Penn State Health is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer, and is committed to providing employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. If you are unable to use our online application process due to an impairment or disability, please call 717-###-#### between the hours of 8:30 AM and 4:30 PM, Eastern Standard Time, Monday - Friday, email ...@pennstatehealth.psu.edu or download our Accommodation Instructions for Job Applicants PDF for more detailed steps for assistance.
Associated topics: art therapy, creative, ctrs, dance therapy, drama therapy, music, recreational, rtc, therapeutic, therapy
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.