Grounds Technician (Davison)
Compensation: $28,330.00 - $39,630.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Facility Maintenance
Loading some great jobs for you...
Are?you a responsible person who?enjoys working outdoors? Are you a motivated self-starter, who takes pride in the work you do? If?you answered yes to both of these questions, then we have an excellent opportunity for?you!?
Northport Apartments is?currently seeking a Grounds Technician who has a keen eye for detail, a proactive attitude and?takes pride in their accomplishments. The right candidate will be?responsible for the general upkeep and cleanliness of a section of the apartment community, including parking lots, grounds surrounding the buildings, corridors, stairwells, laundry rooms, and mechanical rooms, if applicable.
Additional job responsibilities:
- Conducting oneself in?a professional manner as a company representative, demonstrating sound judgment and conduct.
- Collecting and removing?trash as needed.
- Weeding of?beds using appropriate tools.
- Monitoring the irrigation system to ensure all grass areas are adequately watered.
- Repairing or replacing sprinkler heads and lines as required.
- Reporting any unhealthy lawn, trees, shrubs, and?plants to management.
- Edging around trees and?landscape borders to maintain a?neat appearance.
- Raking grounds and?blowing or sweeping?sidewalks, and parking lots, as required.
- Additional duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Ability to effectively and professionally communicate with residents and co-workers.
- Ability?to lift a minimum of?20 pounds above shoulder height.
- Ability to push or pull?up to 80 pounds variable distances.
- Ability to complete daily duties in a timely and accurate manner.
- Ability?to access all areas necessary to perform job duties, such as climbing ladders and stairs; walking, kneeling, standing, squatting, twisting, and bending for long periods of time.
- Ability?to shovel snow and/or clear ice from walks, driveways, or parking lots and spread salt in those areas during?snow season.
- Ability to work outdoors in temperatures above 90 degrees or below 32 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Seeking a responsible individual who enjoys working outdoors.
- Experience in irrigation is a plus!
- Must present the ability to execute job duties under stressful circumstances, such as last minute deadlines or other difficult situations.
- Must adhere to company team apparel policy.
- Must possess a dependable means of transportation and valid driver's license.
Employees are required to be honest and trustworthy with a satisfactory background. A valid driver's license and reliable transportation will be required as this position will entail the operation of a personal and potentially a company vehicle.
We offer our employees:
- Comprehensive benefits package, including 401(k) with company match
- Generous paid time off programs
- Competitive compensation plan
- Employee referral program
- Great work environment
- Opportunities for advancement
- Discounted apartment home
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, and we affirmatively seek diversity in our workplace. We recruit qualified candidates and advance our employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, genetic information, ethnic or national origin, marital status, veteran status, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
Associated topics: athletic, groundskeeper, land fill, landfill, landscape, park, paver, resurface, sod, street
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...