Planned Parenthood Federation of America (PPFA) is the nation's leading women's health care provider, educator, and advocate, serving women, men, teens and families. For over 100 years, PPFA has done more than any other organization in the United States to improve women's health and safety, prevent unintended pregnancies, and advance the right and ability of individuals and families to make informed and responsible health care decisions.
Planned Parenthood Federation of America (PPFA) seeks a dynamic and effective Specialist, Principal & Major Gifts. The Principal and Major Gifts (PMG) cultivates, stewards and solicits our most generous supports in order to raise financial resources for both Planned Parenthood Federation of America (PPFA) and Planned Parenthood Action Fund (PPAF). Major gifts are defined as gifts of $25,000 or more and principal gifts begin at the $250,000 level.
This position provides comprehensive administrative, research and strategic support to the entire Principal and Major Gifts Department, as well as individual support for gift officers. This position requires someone with a willingness to take initiative, keen judgment, and excellent communications skills that can interface professionally with external constituencies including donors and volunteers, and proactively problem solve among internal staff and departments.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* The overall administrative support of the entire PMG department, including supporting the Vice President, Principal and Major Gifts.
* Meeting assigned objectives and contributing to the Principal and Major Gifts Department work objectives. Evaluate and recommends changes in systems or procedures to improve them.
* Oversees PMG Department activities including monthly team meeting, weekly resource email and PMG leadership team meetings, and ensures all are executed smoothly.
* Serves as a resource to the PMG Department, PMG Leadership Team, and Development Division, and a liaison between PMG and other departments, including Office of the President.
* Support philanthropy officers in documenting all fundraising activity in database and hard files and conducting research to gather background information on donors and prospects.
* Assist in preparation of proposals, reports, correspondence, gift acknowledgements, donor/prospect meeting briefings, event briefings, and large-scale donor mailings.
* Maintain accurate donor files - both paper and electronic including donor and revenue tracking spreadsheets and donor database management.
* Manage a small portfolio of discovery prospects making outreach by mail, phone, and email to test and assess responsiveness for possible assignment to a gift officer.
* Performs special projects and other duties as assigned.
REQUIREMENTS / TECHNICAL EXPERTISE
* Bachelor's degree.
* 2+ years of directly related work experience.
* Advanced computer skills, including Microsoft Word, Excel, Google and Salesforce.
PERSONAL QUALITIES / OTHER ATTRIBUTES
* Ability to work collaboratively and flexibly with a dynamic, fast-moving team under pressure of tight deadlines.
* Strong organizational, analytical and problem-solving skills, with the ability to coordinate projects and keep them on track.
* Strong communication skills, both oral and written.
* Ability to maintain confidential information.
* Tolerance of and sensitivity to diversity.
* Ability to complete multiple tasks with poise, accuracy and confidence.
* Precise attention to detail.
Planned Parenthood Federation of America is an equal employment opportunity employer and is committed to maintaining a non-discriminatory work environment, and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Planned Parenthood is committed to creating a dynamic work environment that values diversity and inclusion, respect and integrity, customer focus, and innovation.