Planned Parenthood Federation of America (PPFA) is the nation's leading women's health care provider, educator, and advocate, serving women, men, teens and families. For over 100 years, PPFA has done more than any other organization in the United States to improve women's health and safety, prevent unintended pregnancies, and advance the right and ability of individuals and families to make informed and responsible health care decisions.
Planned Parenthood Federation of America (PPFA) seeks a dynamic and dynamic and effective Senior Project Manager. This job reports to the Chief HR Officer in the Human Resources division of PPFA. The Human Resources division is a critical partner focused on delivering a progressive people agenda that attracts, develops, and retains top talent and provides them with a great place to work. This job is responsible for owning and managing the planning, execution and measurement of a complex and multidimensional project on Parental Leave across the Planned Parenthood Federation and works closely with the affiliate leaders and key points of contact across the Federation. Internally, this job works closely with senior management and operations staff throughout the organization.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* Manage day-to-day operational and tactical aspects of multiple projects, follow up from all meetings and commitments, including logistics, meeting preparation and development and next steps/takeaways including action item management. This includes, but is not limited to, drafting meeting agendas, organizing meeting materials for distribution, taking and sending meeting minutes etc.
* Draft, format and proof reports, documents, spreadsheets, presentations, etc. as needed.
* Identify and assess risks and offer mitigation strategies; manage budget estimation and tracking. Participate in regular project management team discussions.
* Deliver user-focused solutions on time and on budget by effectively coordinating with technical and non-technical staff and consultants.
* Build relationships with key business stakeholders and develop an understanding of business processes and systems used by PPFA and affiliates across the US.
* Communicate frequently with project stakeholders; write and present regular project status reports and updates. Facilitate the creation of user documentation and training materials.
* Conduct vendor assessments and manage vendor relationships during implementation.
* Meeting scheduling, preparation and coordination.
* Partners with other administrative staff and key points of contacts to coordinate and prepare for meetings.
REQUIREMENTS / TECHNICAL EXPERTISE
* Bachelor's degree or equivalent with at least 8-10 years of professional work experience.
* Critical and independent thinker with the ability to bring solutions to the table with limited instruction.
* Top-notch writing, presentation and meeting facilitation skills (finalists will be tested).
* Experience communicating with business stakeholders at all levels.
* Experience with large-scale, cross-functional projects.
* Proficiency with one or more project management methodologies.
* Vendor analysis and vendor management experience.
* Demonstrated competence in managing budgets.
* Duration: November 2019
Planned Parenthood Federation of America is an equal employment opportunity employer and is committed to maintaining a non-discriminatory work environment, and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Planned Parenthood is committed to creating a dynamic work environment that values diversity and inclusion, respect and integrity, customer focus, and innovation.