As a Recipe Editor, you will be a driving force behind the key ingredient for our recipes' success: the recipe cards, which serve as the guiding manual for our customer's cooking experience. You will be responsible for working closely with all of our chefs to translate their recipe vision into clear, concise language, while maintaining Plated's brand voice throughout.
This is a unique opportunity to style recipes as accompanied by a physical product, requiring critical considerations across several categories such as ingredient procurement, packaging, and marketing. In this role, you'll gain substantial culinary insights from our creative, deeply knowledgeable culinary team, while having access behind the scenes of a fast-paced Test Kitchen.
What You'll be Doing
* Edit recipes throughout their development for clarity, consistency, and style.
* Work with chefs in our Test Kitchen to surface queries, gain deeper understanding of the recipes, and develop standardized language.
* Write Culinary copy for recipes as well as our website, such as recipe tips, blog posts, and recipe stories.
* Act as a liaison between Culinary and Marketing for shareable kitchen content, and between Culinary and the Customer Experience team to address customers' recipe questions.
* Help maintain our ingredient data in coordination with our Operations team.
* Work cross-functionally to maintain the Culinary vision and brand positioning in new features or products.
What You Bring to the Table
* 1-2 years editing experience.
* A BA (English, Communications, Journalism preferred)
* An interest in food and cooking.
* Writing and media experience preferred.
* Comfortable working within a CMS platform.
* Highly detail-oriented.
* Able to meet tight deadlines.
* Self-motivated, with equal ability to work within a team as well as work independently.
* Organized and able to prioritize and manage your own workflow
Working at Plated
Plated brings together exceptional food, unparalleled creativity, and innovative technology to redefine the dinner experience. Our team is solving big-picture problems in a collaborative, data-driven environment we've built together?and we're looking for the best people to join us.
Our benefits and perks (expanding all the time!):
* The best part: a free weekly Plated box!
* Unlimited vacation days with a \"get your work done\" policy that respects your time
* Competitive compensation
* Customizable medical, vision, and dental plans and a 401(k) plan
* Annual education stipend for your career development
* Newly renovated office in Chelsea, Manhattan with an open floor plan, beautiful demo kitchens, and adorable office dogs.
* Daily breakfast, afternoon snacks, and Test Kitchen samples
* Company events, cultural clubs, and food-related activities
Plated is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Associated topics: article, composer, compositor, content, editorial, newsgathering, newsperson, newswriter, web, writer