Influence the adoption and execution of risk mitigation strategies within area of responsibility (Finance, Actuarial, Reinsurance) by conducting risk assessments and risk control evaluation, monitoring changes in organizational structure and regulatory requirements and communicating with risk partners to capitalize on opportunities for continuous improvement and drive the achievement of corporate risk management objectives.
* Apply QBE Enterprise Risk Management (ERM) Framework including risk and control assessment, risk appetite and metric analysis and how it applies to areas of responsibility (Claims, Actuarial, Reinsurance) by effectively identifying, measuring and reporting risks and emerging risks * Foster effective risk decision-making within area of responsibility by completing complex risk assessments on business unit operations, analyzing results and communicating with business unit risk partners and managers * Partner with ERM portfolio risk managers to identify any breaches of underwriting authorities, risk appetites or opportunities to enhance underwriting and loss control activities through various management forums. * Maintain a robust understanding of the existing risks and emerging risks and how these risks impact the business areas and QBENA's business plans. Apply an understanding of the controls in place to manage these risks and/or the mitigation plans to address these risks to be within QBENA's overall risk (including underwriting) appetites. * Identify and evaluate existing risk controls by gathering and analyzing data, evaluating effectiveness of controls in relation to losses and utilizing enterprise risk management guidelines * Build relationships with key stakeholders by utilizing individual credibility and applying business acumen to communicate risk factors to leadership, resolve complex inquiries and develop recommendations for continuous improvement and alignment with overall risk strategy * Partner with internal and external auditors by reviewing results of multiple auditing processes and collaboratively identifying significant factors to effectively prioritize required actions and mitigate risk * Develop a long-term approach to risk mitigation by performing scenario analyses for future risks and communicating with business unit leaders to share recommendations for mitigation and loss control * Contribute to the overall efforts of the risk management and capital management teams through strong collaboration and communication skills in preparing risk assessments and other department deliverables that demonstrate \"value added\" to the businesses and executive teams. * Manage budgeted resources by anticipating expenditures, accurately forecasting resource
needs/costs and properly accounting for expenses to meet requirements and achieve fiscal
Education: Bachelor's Degree or equivalent combination of education and work experience
Experience: 5 years relevant experience
Experience: 5-7 years relevant experience ^ Experience with risk management; extensive experience in the insurance industry; increasing levels of responsibility
Licenses/Certifications: Chartered Property and Casualty Underwriter (CPCU), ARe, CIA, CPA
* Working knowledge of risk analysis best practices and procedures * Working knowledge of Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint * Knowledge of back office, claims, and other insurance industry applications * Working knowledge of insurance policy and contract language; relevant legal and regulatory
* Business and management principles involved in strategic planning and resource allocation
* Strong communication and risk interview skills * Strong ability to process map and validate the effectiveness of an internal controls environment * Effective research and investigative strategies and best practices * Analyze and synthesize data to form options and recommendations * Communicate across the organization and share information as a positive aid to achieve best practice and objectives * Effectively and efficiently present logic, reasoning, and analysis to others * Analyze complex risks to ensure organizational competitiveness and satisfaction of established long-range objectives; evaluate causal relationships * Build long-term collaborative working relationships with senior managers * Apply business and financial acumen * Establish a high degree of trust and credibility with others * Effectively present thoughts to key stakeholders to influence adoption of innovative
* Mentor and coach others by providing guidance and encouragement * Prioritize interests of the company and community during decision-making * High attention to detail
QBE Cultural DNA
Everything we do at QBE is underpinned by our DNA (which interlinks seven cultural elements) - because we know it's not just what we do that matters, it's how we do it that makes the difference. We expect all employees to role model and inspire the right behaviors that link to our cultural elements:
* We are customer-centered * We are technical experts * We are diverse * We are fast-paced * We are courageous * We are accountable * We are a team
All employees are expected to adhere to QBE's Code of Ethics and Conduct and apply sound risk management practices
Physical demands: General office jobs: Work is generally performed in an office environment in which there is not substantial exposure to adverse environmental conditions. Must have the ability to remain in a stationary position for extended periods of time. Must be able to operate basic office equipment including telephone, headset and computer. Incumbent must be able to lift basic office equipment up to 20 lbs.
To successfully perform this job, the individual must be able to perform each essential job
responsibility satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable an individual with disabilities to perform the essential job responsibilities.
Number of Openings:
How to Apply:
To submit your application, click \"Apply\" and follow the step by step process.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
QBE is an equal opportunity employer and is required to comply with equal employment opportunity legislation in each jurisdiction it operates.
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.