Ralph Lauren Corporation (NYSE:RL) is a global leader in the design, marketing and distribution of premium lifestyle products in four categories: apparel, home, accessories and fragrances. For 50 years, Ralph Lauren's reputation and distinctive image have been consistently developed across an expanding number of products, brands and international markets. The Company's brand names, which include Ralph Lauren Purple Label, Ralph Lauren Collection, Double RL, Polo Ralph Lauren, Polo Ralph Lauren Children's, Ralph Lauren Home, Lauren Ralph Lauren, RLX, American Living, Chaps and Club Monaco, constitute one of the world's most widely recognized families of consumer brands.
Support the girl's knits design team in the daily functions of the department by contributing in all phases of the design development process.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
* Attend design meetings, hand-offs, proto reviews, line reviews and fittings
* Support the design process through researching seasonal/current market trends by pulling tears, sketching design ideas and researching trim inspiration that will translate into girl's knits product. Maintain relationships with counterparts from other design divisions to stay connected to the knit design direction and style development throughout the company
* Follow up on all details throughout the design process and on all product related issues. Work with graphic artist and design team members to create, hand-off and develop brand driven logos/artwork for each season. Initiate the creation of all embroidery layouts
* Support style handoff by leading developments of line sheets, creating CADS, AI sketches as well as model sketches
Experience, Skills & Knowledge
* Strong computer skills including knowledge of PLM, Excel and Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign)
* 2-4 years of design experience
* MUST submit link to portfolio or samples of work along with application*