CLUB MONACO - Merchandising Manager, Women's
Club Monaco is an international brand that designs and creates modern yet timeless clothing and accessories for women and men. Since its first store opened in Toronto in 1985, Club Monaco has been recognized by fashion influencers for its thoughtfully designed, purposeful collections featuring relevant, wearable pieces, fine fabrics and exceptional fits. In 1999, Club Monaco became a subsidiary of the Polo Ralph Lauren Corporation.
Coordinate, manage and execute the activities of Women's Merchandising for Shirts, Sweaters, Knits and Outerwear. Assist senior leadership in developing, executing and communicating a product strategy that meets or exceeds financial goals and global product strategy. Lead with authority, driving the business while supporting direct reports in continual growth.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
* Create and communicate a global vision of the brand by product category
* Approve a product brief to design based on regional feedback, competitive landscape, and global financial goals including pricing and IMU
* Approve an assortment by region that creates commonality while meeting the needs of each market
* Presents to all levels of management, including CEO
* Analyze & track weekly sales performance by region, by style; identify any trends, misses, opportunities by region and present in weekly selling meetings.
* Partner with planning to drive in season business & action needs based on selling data. Apply in season learnings to build strategies for future seasons.
* Work with design and production to quickly adapt on-order for emerging sales trends or declining product categories
* Approves the buy on a style/color level including buy sheet and booking tool management
* Review OTB with planning on a monthly basis to identify & communicate any necessary product related action to appropriate teams
* Create a clear assortment and financial strategy to communicate to visual, marketing, and creative teams to ensure execution by region/channel.
* Partner with planning to create and execute promotional strategies through product creation, buy, and final visual set
* Work cross-functionally with allocation to ensure regional strategies are executed
* Approves ecommerce site merchandising and ensure all categories are executed by merch coordinators.
* Visit stores on a weekly/bi-weekly basis to understand regional needs & develop relationships with store teams.
* Work closely with visual partners to ensure in-season showrooms are being executed to reflect original concept as well as reactionary business needs
* Shop the competition regularly to understand trends, pricing, and promotional activity.
* Disseminates all product changes to key partners
* Establishes cross-functional relationships to promote best practices and process adherence; fosters teamwork
* Effectively manages and supports the career development of direct reports to ensure job satisfaction, retention and to identify and develop bench strength
Experience, Skills & Knowledge
* Bachelor's degree required
* At least five years' experience in retail merchandising, buying or equivalent experience required
* At least three years of supervisory experience required
* Computer proficiency in MS Office: Excel, Outlook, Word
* Strong numerical and analytical skills
* Previous management experience demonstrating strong leadership, team development and strong cross functional relationships
* An understanding of the fashion garment production process
* Excellent interpersonal skills supporting a team environment
* Excellent English communication skills - verbal and written
* Excellent time management/project skills
* Strong planning and organizational skills with a sense of priority for deadlines and attention to detail
* Ability to recognize and react to changing work demands
* Comfortable and confident in making effective autonomous (and group) decisions in a timely manner
* Goal oriented: ability to stay focused on creating winning results
CLUB MONACO - Merchandising Manager
Associated topics: inventory, merchandise, merchandiser, merchandising, procurement, retail merchandiser, stocking, supply chain, warehouse, warehouse associate