CLUB MONACO - Women's Merchant
Club Monaco is an international brand that designs and creates modern yet timeless clothing and accessories for women and men. Since its first store opened in Toronto in 1985, Club Monaco has been recognized by fashion influencers for its thoughtfully designed, purposeful collections featuring relevant, wearable pieces, fine fabrics and exceptional fits. In 1999, Club Monaco became a subsidiary of the Polo Ralph Lauren Corporation.
Coordinate, manage and execute the activities of a merchandising department or classification. Assist in developing, executing and communicating a product strategy that meets or exceeds financial goals.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
* Be open-minded to and tolerant of co-workers' opinions; encourage discussions and contributions.
* Motivate and maintain others' (assistant merchandisers, production, planners) enthusiasm, especially during stressful peak activity times.
* Partner with others regarding decisions on line, etc. to gain support and consensus.
* Develop a merchandising strategy for area of responsibility. Work closely with CFT to ensure strategy implemented through out the merchandising process.
* Attend sketch review meetings with design.
* Develop a merchandise line plan by month, by zone to support strategy. Determine volume drivers and essential programs, CC count, retail pricing, and fabric recommendations. Present to Design and Production.
* Edit the line, identifying any voids according to how the store should look (concept of store, color palette, styles). Work with product development to fill any voids
* Develop buy-plans with planners to meet company goals.
* Present line to all levels of management, including CEO, in line review and investment review meetings.
* Verify that department has edited line correctly and that line fits together with other departments in the division.
* Work with visual team on the floor maps. Ensure product is represented by month on the floor, and the color point of view of department integrates with the mood of the delivery.
* Shop the competition based on price, look and quality to get fashion direction. Read magazines and visit competitors' stores to see where the division is in terms of price and quality.
* Have bottom-line financial accountability for sales, gross margin and turn for product category.
* Work with Planning to determine quarterly budget. Provide input on sales, gross margin, and receipt flow.
* Read and analyze three month trends
* Participate in OTB meetings. Pre-meet with planner to insure accuracy of receipts, provide input on sales and gross margin projections versus current trend. Recommend new course of action for up-trending or down-trending areas.
* Provide weekly recommendations for markdowns to planning, based on OTB strategy.
* Oversee resolution of production issues that are handled by Assistant Merchants to ensure issues are taken care of in an efficient and timely manner.
* Manage all production decisions for classification.
* Attend all fittings for area of responsibility.
* Develop annual goals for Merchandise Assistant; conduct monthly meetings to insure direct report is meeting all specified targets.
* Provide on the job training, behavioral feedback, coaching as needed for direct report. Identify opportunities for formal training as needed.
* Be a role model for direct report and CFT, by focusing on team objectives, communicating effectively and resolving conflict productively.
Experience, Skills & Knowledge
Skills and Requirements
At least three-five years retail buying experience
Computer proficiency with MS Office: Outlook, Excel, Word
Excellent interpersonal skills supporting a team environment
Excellent English communication skills - verbal and written
Excellent time management/project skills
Strong planning and organizational skills with a sense of priority for deadlines and attention to detail
Ability to recognize and react to changing work demands
Comfortable and confident in making effective autonomous (and group) decisions in a timely manner
Goal orientated: ability to stay focused on creating winning results
Ability to select product according to design direction
Strong budgeting, planning and negotiating skills
Ability to work in a fast paced environment
Proven ability to manage projects independently and to work as part of a team
CLUB MONACO - Merchant, Women's Bottoms and Shirts
Associated topics: advertise, capex, celebrity, freelance, investment, needs, news, social media, strategic, strategy