Ralph Lauren Corporation (NYSE:RL) is a global leader in the design, marketing and distribution of premium lifestyle products in four categories: apparel, home, accessories and fragrances. For 50 years, Ralph Lauren's reputation and distinctive image have been consistently developed across an expanding number of products, brands and international markets. The Company's brand names, which include Ralph Lauren Purple Label, Ralph Lauren Collection, Double RL, Polo Ralph Lauren, Polo Ralph Lauren Children's, Ralph Lauren Home, Lauren Ralph Lauren, RLX, American Living, Chaps and Club Monaco, constitute one of the world's most widely recognized families of consumer brands.
The store planning function focuses on topline performance by brand, division, and store using key performance indicators to build sales forecasts at a weekly level. The store planning analyst will contribute to the development and achievement of annual financial sales and inventory goals for Ralph Lauren stores, aligning with all business partners to ensure a cohesive brand experience. The analyst will help support the Business Planning team with appropriate reporting and analysis.
Reports to Director of Business Planning for Ralph Lauren Stores.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
* Partner with the Business Planning team to develop the annual store financial plans by brand and division including sales and gross margin in accordance with corporate goals. * Re-forecast sales and gross margin monthly by location utilizing historical performance, current trend and cross-functional team input. * Present monthly and quarterly financial projections at the store and brand/division level to senior business partners for approval. (MFR, quarterly financial meeting). * Present business performance by store, brand, and division against last projection, plan and last year.
Store Planning Reports and Analysis:
* Maintain, update and communicate Store Planning reports and analyze business for risks & opportunities by store type and location * Contribute planning and store data to weekly cross functional team meeting. * Review store performance, inventory issues by location and partner with allocation team on risks and opportunities by week * Accountable for maintaining and distributing financial reports in a timely manner * Develop new financials reports and business tools as needed * Partner closely with cross-functional planning partners and support as necessary
* Update and communicate annual location types and comp statuses. * Maintain Store Master inclusive of all store attributes. (Communicate changes to cross-functional teams) * Maintain capacities for the fleet * Update Location Planning file inclusive of store renovations, expansions, closures and new stores
Support Director of Store Planning regarding:
* Monthly and Quarterly decks * Weekly & Monthly financial reporting * Reporting maintenance and organization
Experience, Skills & Knowledge
* 2-3 years retail analysis experience to includes merchandise/financial planning and/or distribution planning for a multi-store retail organization * Proficient in basic retail math * Highly organized, detail-oriented and accurate * Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written (able to adapt to audience) * Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously and prioritize effectively * Strong analytical and problem-solving skills * Computer proficiency (i.e. Excel and PowerPoint); ability or aptitude to learn technical applications quickly * Able to develop and maintain effective cross-functional relationships * Flexible and creative thinker * Enterprise Planning experience (preferred, but not mandatory) * Micro Strategy experience (preferred, but not mandatory)
Store Planning Analyst
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.