Compensation: $126,080.00 - $126,080.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Financial Services - Banking/Investment/Finance
+ location:Hartford, CT
+ salary:$60,000 - $65,000 per year
+ date posted:Friday, September 20, 2019
+ job type:Permanent
Looking for a Buyer in the Hartford area! This is a Direct Hire position $50K-$60K
This position is an immediate need and the company is conducting interviews this week!- Position can begin as early as September 3rd. Please email your resume to ...@randstadusa.com for immediate consideration.
Position will make the transition into procurement/sourcing, eventually becoming Purchasing Manager.
- Purchasing material based on ERP program suggestions to ensure there is sufficient material for production, with optimal costs.
- Evaluate and classify suppliers and subcontractors based on their performance (price, quality, on time deliveries).
- Achieve annual cost savings targets.
- Review purchase orders and contact suppliers to secure firm ship dates and quantities.
- Track late and expedited orders through the ERP system.
- Populate Excel spreadsheets with updated information to convey statuses.
- Notify Operations and Customer Service when scheduled shipments will not arrive as planned.
- Revise enter and track purchase order arrival dates.
- Actively look for new vendors to minimize the total cost of parts and services.
- Develop a partnership with selected critical suppliers and subcontractors to ensure best service levels.
- Work with Quality Team to resolve RTV issues.
- Ensure vendor quality ii as specified.
- Other purchasing assignments as needed.
- Working hours: 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Working hours: 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM
--Proficiency in MS Office (Excel, Outlook, etc.)
--Effective communication skills (written, verbal, phone)
--Precise attention to detail
--Strong organization skills
--Solid math skills (inc. basic, fractions, percentages)
--Must have negotiation skills
--Strong customer service experience
--Adaptability and flexibility to a dynamic work environment and changing priorities
--Ability to multi-task and meet deadlines in a fast paced environment
--High sense of urgency and the ability to work under pressure
--Able to work independently and in a team environment
--Capable of following company procedures
- Experience working for a Manufacturer preferred
- 3-5 years experience in purchasing
- Ability to read blueprints
- Experience in Spare Parts
- Must have experience in an ERP system
- Must be capable of making supplier visits locally and nationally
- Must be able to prioritize and organize daily tasks
This position is an immediate need and the company is conducting interviews this week! Please email your resume to ...@randstadusa.com for immediate consideration.
Randstad is a world leader in matching great people with great companies. Our experienced agents will listen carefully to your employment needs and then work diligently to match your skills and qualifications to the right job and company. Whether you're looking for temporary, temporary-to-permanent or permanent opportunities, no one works harder for you than Randstad. EEO Employer: Race, Religion, Color, National Origin, Citizenship, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, Age, Disability, Ancestry, Veteran Status, Genetic Information, Service in the Uniformed Services or any other classification protected by law.
Associated topics: buyer, display, inventory, merchandise, purchase, ship, shipment, store, supplier, supply chain
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...