Director, Statistical Genetics - Tarrytown
Compensation: $94,700.00 - $138,710.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Scientific Research
Loading some great jobs for you...
The Regeneron Genetics Center (RGC) is a wholly-owned subsidiary of the Company, whose goals are to apply large scale human genetics to identify new drug targets and to guide the development of therapeutics programs and precision medicine. Building upon Regeneron's strengths in mouse genetics and genetics-driven drug discovery and development, the RGC specializes in ultra-high-throughput exome sequencing, large scale informatics and data analysis encompassing genomics and electronic health records, and translating genetic discoveries into new biology and drug discovery opportunities. The RGC leverages multiple approaches including large population based studies, Mendelian genetics and family based studies, founder population genetics, and large-scale disease focused projects and has developed a network of over 50 collaborations with research organizations around the world. Including some of the largest sequencing studies in the world, such as the DiscovEHR study in collaboration with Geisinger Health System, and an initiative to sequence 500,000 participants with the UK Biobank, the RGC has built one of the largest human genetics databases, including sequence data from over several hundred thousand participants and rapidly growing. Our interests encompass a breadth of different areas across all therapeutic areas and the RGC is highly integrated into all facets of research and development at Regeneron. Program goals include target discovery, indication discovery, and patient-disease stratification. Objectives include advancing basic science around the world through public sharing of discoveries, providing clinically-valuable insights to physicians and providers of collaborating health-care systems, improving patient outcomes, and identifying novel targets for drug development.
Help lead the analysis and interpretation of 100,000s of genotyped and sequenced humans, with the goal of generating the knowledge that will enable Regeneron to deliver better medicines to the patients who need them. Provide leadership and directions to teams that combine expertise in genomics, biology, computation and medicine to design, execute and refine analyses that connect genetic variation to human diseases and health. Provide leadership in the design, implementation and refinement of the methods and tools that will enable these analyses to be executed and interpreted at scale.
- Demonstrated ability to build, organize and lead teams of investigators executing cutting edge genomic analyses, both within an institution and across institutions.
- Expertise with genome scale analyses of human genetic data and their application to elucidate complex trait biology. Broad understanding of the challenges and opportunities at all stages of genetic association studies - ranging from design, quality control, association analysis, functional interpretation and follow-up experiments in cells and model organisms. An outstanding candidate will have demonstrated leadership in the use of whole genome sequence and genotype to dissect complex human traits.
- Expertise in cutting edge statistical methods and their uses to answer epidemiological and biological questions. The successful candidate will use mendelian randomization to elucidate causal mechanisms, will use pathway information and other functional data to prioritize effector genes and causal mechanisms, and will be routinely combine information across multiple traits or variants to generate insights. An outstanding candidate will have contributed to the development of these methods and/or demonstrated their application to new biological problems.
- Expertise with modern cluster and cloud computing environments is required. The candidate will routinely use advanced tools for genomic analyses, for statistical analyses and computation to execute analyses at scale and to facilitate effective annotation, sharing and collaboration.
- Critically review and provide feedback on analyses plans, results and summaries to ensure they are accurate and reliable. Identify potential problems and propose remedies or refinements.
- Outstanding communication skills and an ability to summarize and present the results of human genetic studies to a variety of technical audiences, ranging from experts in statistical genetics and computation to experts in biology, drug design and medicine.
- Ability to work in a highly interactive environment with a diverse team of colleagues. Ability to provide mentorship and guidance to more junior colleagues to help them develop their full potential and build new skills and abilities. The outstanding candidate will be able help teams of skilled individuals to consistently achieve high levels of motivation, enthusiasm and performance.
- Ph.D + 10+ post-doctorate years' experience
- A track record of building, organizing and leading teams with diverse skills and focused on the analysis and interpretation of human genomic data. A record of mentoring and developing talent.
- Knowledge of genomewide analyses and approaches, including quality control options for genomic data, approaches for association analysis in the presence of relatedness or population structure, and approaches for burden based analyses.
- Leadership in the development and refinement of methods for the analysis of human genetic data or in their application to new problems in a creative and insightful manner. Understanding of strategies and methods for genotype imputation, haplotyping, relationship inference and/or polygenic risk score estimation.
- Expertise with the organization of large scale multi-site experiments and in the design and execution of large scale genotyping and sequencing experiments.
- Ability to summarize and distil results concisely. Excellent oral presentation and writing skills.
- Expertise in developing analysis packages and tools is highly desired, as demonstrated by leadership or contributor roles to statistical packages available on GitHub or elsewhere.
This is an opportunity to join our select team that is already leading the way in the Pharmaceutical/Biotech industry. Apply today and learn more about Regeneron's unwavering commitment to combining good science & good business.
To all agencies: Please, no phone calls or emails to any employee of Regeneron about this opening. All resumes submitted by search firms/employment agencies to any employee at Regeneron via-email, the internet or in any form and/or method will be deemed the sole property of Regeneron, unless such search firms/employment agencies were engaged by Regeneron for this position and a valid agreement with Regeneron is in place. In the event a candidate who was submitted outside of the Regeneron agency engagement process is hired, no fee or payment of any kind will be paid.
Regeneron is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Associated topics: biostatistics, data analyst, probability, statistics, c
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...