R&D Specialist (Therapeutic Proteins) - Tarrytown
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Healthcare - Allied Health
Loading some great jobs for you...
Known for its scientific and operational excellence, Regeneron is a leading science-based biopharmaceutical company that discovers, invents, develops, manufactures, and commercializes medicines for the treatment of serious medical conditions. Regeneron commercializes medicines for eye diseases, high LDL-cholesterol, atopic dermatitis and a rare inflammatory condition and has product candidates in development in other areas of high unmet medical need, including rheumatoid arthritis, asthma, pain, cancer and infectious diseases.
The Therapeutic Proteins Department is seeking a talented, motivated and flexible Research Specialist to join our dynamic Immuno-Oncology (I/O) bioassay team. The successful applicant will work in a highly innovative, and collaborative environment to develop bioassays and characterize antibodies against 'challenging' targets that are not met by traditional MOA. The individual will also contribute to the discovery and development of Regeneron's extensive pipeline using in-vitro cell-based bioassay, imaging and flow cytometry. Candidate must be able to work comfortably in a fast-paced, collaborative environment and display strong organizational skills and scientific rigor. The position requires application of rigorous quantitative biochemical and cell assay approaches, the ability to present scientific data intra- and inter- departmentally and the use of automated or semi-automated instrumentation. Candidate with strong background in biochemistry, molecular cellular biology and/or bioengineering are encouraged to apply. Experience working with human primary cells and/or 3D cell culture is a plus and experience with quantitative data analysis methods and software is preferred.
We invite candidates with strong desire to deliver life-transforming medicines to apply. The following requirements and responsibilities are required for you to complement our team:
1) Stable and Clonal cell line Engineering
2) Develop, validate and execute imaging and cell-based functional assays using engineered-immortalized cells
3) Mammalian cell culture of adherent and non-adherent cell lines
4) Operate a variety of instruments including but not limited to HyperCyte, Opera Phenix, Accuri C6 cytometer, Intellcyt iQue, Cytoflex, ImageXpress micro XL, Victor, Hamilton, Envision Multilabel plate reader, cell Harvester
5) Prioritize and complete tasks in a timely manner
6) Extreme attention to details and record keeping.
7) Provide weekly presentations/verbal updates
8) Keep abreast of current/relevant literature in order to further develop scientific expertise and expand scientific/technical knowledge and skill sets
1) Strong aseptic cell culture skills
2) Stable cell line engineering skills
3) Flow cytometry expertise
4) Experience with Immunofluorescence and/or Immunohistochemistry staining procedures
5) Experience with luciferase based reporters
6) Cell-based potency assays
This is an opportunity to join our select team that is already leading the way in the Pharmaceutical/Biotech industry. Apply today and learn more about Regeneron's unwavering commitment to combining good science & good business.
To all agencies: Please, no phone calls or emails to any employee of Regeneron about this opening. All resumes submitted by search firms/employment agencies to any employee at Regeneron via-email, the internet or in any form and/or method will be deemed the sole property of Regeneron, unless such search firms/employment agencies were engaged by Regeneron for this position and a valid agreement with Regeneron is in place. In the event a candidate who was submitted outside of the Regeneron agency engagement process is hired, no fee or payment of any kind will be paid.
Regeneron is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Associated topics: ascp, blood collection, medical, medical lab science, medical laboratory science, sample collection, scientist, sterile processing technician, technician iv, technician lab
Loading some great jobs for you...