Related Companies is the most prominent privately-owned real estate firm in the United States. Formed 40 years ago, Related is a fully-integrated, highly diversified industry leader with experience in virtually every aspect of development, acquisitions, management, finance, marketing and sales. Headquartered in New York City, Related has offices and major developments in Boston, Chicago, Los Angeles, Las Vegas, San Francisco, South Florida, Abu Dhabi and Shanghai and boasts a team of approximately 2,000 professionals. The Company's existing portfolio of real estate assets, valued at over $15 billion, is made up of best-in-class mixed-use, residential, retail, office, trade show and affordable properties in premier high-barrier-to-entry markets. For over a decade Related made its mark in the super luxury condominium market by developing properties that have achieved record-breaking sales statistics in each of its submarkets, is the largest owner of luxury residential rental properties in New York with over 5,000 units in its portfolio, has developed preeminent mixed-use projects such as Time Warner Center in New York and CityPlace in West Palm Beach and is currently developing the 26-acre Hudson Yards project on Manhattan's west side. Related also manages approximately $1.5 billion of equity capital on behalf of sovereign wealth funds, public pension plans, multi-managers, endowments, Taft Hartley plans and family offices. Related is staunchly committed to sustainable design with over $6 billion in green development underway or completed. The firm developed one of the first green residential buildings in the nation, Tribeca Green in Battery Park City, New York and Chicago's first green residential building, 340 on the Park. Related recently completed a collection of new LEED-certified residential buildings, The Brompton, The Harrison, MiMA and Superior Ink in New York City, The Clarendon in Boston and The Century in Los Angeles, as well as several green mixed-use and retail projects. Related also owns Equinox(R) Fitness Clubs, further expanding the company's capabilities into the health and fitness arena and enhancing the value of its properties by incorporating an exclusive, branded amenity into the lifestyle offering, and a partnership interest in Unions Square Events, the catering, culture, sports, and events business of Danny Meyer's Union Square Hospitality Group . For more information about Related Companies please visit www.related.com.
* Project a professional demeanor at all times through appearance and behavior. Promote positive customer relations.
* Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment with demonstrated ability to handle and prioritize multiple tasks and demands.
* Must have excellent time management skills and ability to work independently.
* Must be detail oriented and be accurate in composing and proofing materials.
* Must have strong communications skills both written and oral.
* Must have strong leadership and decision making skills.
* Must be able to interact and communicate with individuals at all levels of the organization.
* Must be computer literate with prior experience in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint).
* Bachelor's degree in a related field strongly preferred.
* 1-3 years' experience as an Assistant Property Manager or Commercial Property Coordinator.
* Multiple buildings and/or locations desirable.
* Working knowledge of Microsoft Office products required.
The Assistant Property Manager is involved in all aspects of day-to-day operations of the property, including accounting, tenant relations, maintenance and repair, security, janitorial services, landscaping, snow removal, etc. The Assistant Property Manager handles tenant complaints and service requests, and must be familiar with the terms of tenant leases. The Property Manager assists in the preparation of the annual budget, reporting and financial performance of the property. The candidate for this position will be spend approximately 50% of their time at one Office / Commercial Building in midtown Manhattan under the direction of the Senior Property Manager, AND spend the remaining 50% of their time working on additional commercial/office buildings in our NYC commercial portfolio.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
* Establish an excellent working relationship with the building tenants through office visits, telephone calls, etc... ensuring tenants are satisficed and any issues are quickly and properly rectified.
* Ensures a smooth transition into the property for all new tenants through coordination with all internal and external parties.
* In conjunction with the Senior Property Manager, works with and provides direction and guidance to the engineering staff, assigns work priorities, determines the extent of repairs and necessary corrective measures.
* Regularly inspects tenant space, public areas, storerooms, utility rooms, basements, stairways, and grounds to ensure that the building(s) cleanliness is adequate and grounds are maintained. Consults with custodial supervisor or cleaning contractor regarding their employees' failures, deficiencies or successes
* Performs thorough inspections of the building(s) and grounds, noting physical appearance of property, deferred maintenance, and other related data. Submits monthly building inspection report based upon observations, noting specific locations, conditions, and recommendations for corrective action.
* Maintains basic administrative files (on line / hard copies) and records relevant to building operations and tenants. Prepares written reports as required by operating procedures for building and other incidental correspondence which is pertinent to management operations.
* Maintains files containing written records of maintenance services, equipment inventory, operating manuals, general supply and parts inventory and a library consisting of pertinent data relating to operating equipment, building fixtures and updated tenant drawings and plans.
* In conjunction with the Senior Property Manager oversee the management and coordination of building specific major projects and capital projects throughout the year. Projects to include, but not limited to: Local 11 fa?ade repairs, elevator upgrades and modifications, water tank replacement, public art restorations, tenant fit outs, Landlord fit outs, major tenant renovations, etc.
* Track, monitor and cure building violations and
* Other duties as assigned.
* Ensures tenant satisfaction and properly addresses any issues or raises issues to the appropriate party.
* Works with existing tenants through the lease renewal process.
* Other duties as assigned.
Associated topics: community, corporate, housing assistant, lead, luxury, office manager, operations manager, property manager, senior care, superintendent