Related Companies is the most prominent privately-owned real estate firm in the United States.? Formed over 40 years ago, Related is a fully-integrated, highly diversified industry leader with experience in virtually every aspect of development, acquisitions, management, finance, marketing and sales. Headquartered in New York City, Related has offices and major developments in Boston, Chicago, Los Angeles, San Francisco, South Florida, Washington, D.C., Abu Dhabi, London and Shanghai and boasts a team of over 3,000 professionals. The Company?s existing portfolio of real estate assets, valued at over $30 billion, is made up of best-in-class developments in premier high-barrier-to-entry markets across all asset classes.
Related has dramatically redefined the concept of metropolitan luxury by introducing extraordinary residential rental properties in Boston, Chicago, Los Angeles, San Francisco and New York City. With each new building, Related has been hailed for setting new standards of excellence in the luxury rental marketplace.? To ensure that every resident in every Related building enjoys the very finest services, unsurpassed amenities, and a luxury lifestyle without compromise, Related Companies takes great pride in managing every building it owns. Related owns and manages 261 Hudson, 456 Washington, Abington House, The Caledonia, The Easton, The Lyric, MiMA, One Carnegie Hill, One Union Square South, Riverwalk Crossing, Riverwalk Point, The Sierra, The Strathmore, The Tate, Tribeca Green, Tribeca Park, Tribeca Tower, The Westminster and The Westport in New York City (and manages 1214 Fifth Avenue and 89 Murray also in New York City), One Back Bay and The Arlington in Boston, 500 Lake Shore Drive and Landmark West Loop in Chicago, The Emerson in Los Angeles, The Paramount in San Francisco and One Hill South in Washington, D.C. Related also owns an extensive portfolio of workforce and affordable housing and has several new rental developments underway across the country. For more information about Related Companies please visit?www.related.com
The Assistant Resident Manager is responsible, under the direction of Director of Residences, to ensure the smooth operation of the building in compliance with all company policies and procedures, the Equal Employment Opportunity, Fair Housing and Human Rights statutes.
Location: New York
Building Information:??Live where it all comes together. A 92-story, limestone tower by David Childs/SOM. With interiors by Tony Ingrao, panoramic Hudson River views, and next generation services by Equinox Hotel?.
The Resident Manager?s tasks include, but are not limited, to the following:
- Responsible for the direction and supervision of the maintenance employees.
- Reviews and adds supervisory observations to the employees? performance self-evaluations
- Assists with maintaining payroll and attendance documentation, in accordance with instructions from HR-Workplace Solutions.
- Seeks approval for staff overtime, vacations, shift changes, temporary placements/end of assignments, as necessary.
- Assists with on-site training of staff.
- Assures that the staff is fully versed in the functions and standards of the job to ensure their effectiveness on the job, especially when they are on-call.
- Participates in daily meetings with staff.
- Responsible for identifying areas of the building in need of maintenance and repairs.
- Product Presentation
- Apartment turnovers must produce units that are to be impeccably clean, mechanically in good working order and properly painted prior to the resident?s move-in.
- After the resident has moved-in, he/she may be required to review the entire apartment checklist with the resident, provide instructions for the use of all facilities and appliances, and correct any problems. If the problem requires a part or is not repairable immediately, a notation is made on the checklist.
- A resident survey that queries the conditions of the apartments and the residents? perceptions of the services RMC provides is administered and distributed from the main office annually. Responsible for rectifying any deficiencies noted on the responses and assures residents? satisfaction with the service.
- Maintenance of Common Areas
- Common areas, such as laundry rooms, hallways, offices, shops, storage areas, refuse areas, and grounds must be clean at all times.
- Schedules routine janitorial tasks to ensure that the above is consistently maintained.
- Purchase Order System
- Follows purchase order instructions established by the district/regional office. Prior approval necessary for purchases over $250.00.
- If an emergency arises, calls the District Manager and/or Regional Vice President at the office, at home, or by beeper twenty-four hours a day, seven days a week to obtain verbal authorization.
- External Maintenance Services
- Solicits, reviews and recommends third-party contracts when so directed by the District Manager or designee.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Two+ years supervisory skills.
- Strong leadership, organizational and administrative skills.
- Team oriented.
- Must be able to prioritize and handle multiple tasks.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office.
Benefits and features:
- Incentive bonus program
- Training and development programs
- Benefits including: Medical, Dental, Life & Disability, Paid Time Off, 401(K), Flexible Spending Accounts
- Employee Recognition & Wellness Programs
- 5-7-years of recent hands-on experience in the property management industry.
- Experience with student housing is preferred but not required.
- 3+ years of supervisory experience.
- Facilities/Operations experience with strong working knowledge of building systems.
- Proficiently skilled in plumbing, electrical, mechanical, and basic construction
- Experience managing a Tenant Amenity Space.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Comprehensive knowledge of industry software systems; preferably One-site.
- Proven career success in multi-family housing, luxury, or market-rate industry segments.
- Expertise for managing assets with mixed-use space.
- Ability to effectively communicate with all levels of management; internally and externally.
- Experience managing multiple projects and people.