Directs production, by performing the following duties personally or through subordinate supervisors.
- Coordinates production in accordance with policies, principles, and procedures established by Operations Manager.
- Develops plans for efficient use of materials, machines, and employees.
- Reviews production costs and product quality, and modifies production and inventory control programs to maintain and enhance profitable operation of division.
- Directs preparation of accounting records. Recommends budgets to management.
- Follows all plant safety rules and regulations.
Manages subordinate supervisors who supervise employees in the Manufacture and/or Assembly of firearm components. Is responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of multiple departments. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
NOTE: This list presents only the principal duties of the position and is not intended to be comprehensive. Other duties and?responsibilities may be assigned as dictated by the business needs and conditions. As an essential function of the job, good attendance is required.
Skills and Education Required
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university; one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
- Proficient in Microsoft Products (Excel, Word, Access)
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
- Familiar with lean manufacturing concepts and practices.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions and moving mechanical parts. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.