For consideration, please email Laura (dot) Engel (at) RHT (dot) com
Robert Half Technology is looking for a PC Technician with an aptitude for solving complex technical issues and an ability to clearly and concisely communicate with both technical and non-technical users. If you are a self-starter and enjoy solving problems and working in a positive, dynamic environment, then we want to hear from you! For the full-time PC Technician role, you will be positioned in the Hartford, Connecticut, area.
What you get to do every single day
- Provide documentation of daily data communication transactions, issues and repairs made or installation activities
- Interface with ticket submitters regularly and effectively
- Comply with company quality standards to ensure sound electronic data records
- Transfer data from PC to PC and troubleshoot software/hardware as well as break/fix
- Manage and execute technology implementation projects
- Arrange for repairs through the appropriate vendors
- Disassemble, box and ship equipment that is out of date
- Service a variety of computer hardware, diagnosing, repairing, rebuilding, and refurbishing PCs, laptops, monitors, servers, and other IT equipment
- Manage inventory of equipment, including collaborating on potential purchases
- Handle take down, packaging, transportation and setup/installation on site
- Own imaging and preparation of new computers
- Install, troubleshoot and repair printers
- Provide support for functionality testing and end users
- Preferred skills include an understanding of networking such as switching and routing
- Cisco ASA experience
- Deep understanding of MS Windows 7 in an Active Directory environment
- Command of Exchange
- Microsoft Windows Server 2008 experience
- Ability to multitask efficiently and prioritize work
- Attention to detail and ability to follow standard procedures is a requirement
- CompTIA A+ certification obligatory
- Ability to recognize, evaluate, and resolve problems effectively
- 1 - 3 years of experience with PC and Mac hardware and software, and an understanding of TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, LAN, and WAN
- Proven flexibility to adapt to changes in procedures and job assignments
Technology doesn't change the world. People do.
As a technology staffing firm, we can't think of a more fitting mantra. We're extreme believers in technology and the incredible things it can do. But we know that behind every smart piece of software, every powerful processor, and every brilliant line of code is an even more brilliant person.
Leader among IT staffing agencies
The intersection of technology and people - it's where we live. Backed by more than 65 years of experience, Robert Half Technology is a leader among IT staffing agencies. Whether you're looking to hire experienced technology talent or find the best technology jobs, we are your IT expert to call.
We understand not only the art of matching people, but also the science of technology. We use a proprietary matching tool that helps our staffing professionals connect just the right person to just the right job. And our network of industry connections and strategic partners remains unmatched.
Apply for this job now or contact our branch office at 888-###-#### to learn more about this position.
All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be authorized to work in the United States. All applicants applying for Canadian job openings must be authorized to work in Canada.
? 2019 Robert Half Technology. An Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Veterans.
**Salary:** $55,000.00 - $65,000.00 / Yearly
**Location:** Hartford, CT
**Date Posted:** September 13, 2019
**Employment Type:** Full-time
**Job Reference:** 00700-#######979
**Staffing Area:** Technology Associated topics: architecture, catia, chip, engg, engineer i, engineer iv, h/w engineer, ic, semiconductor, systems engineer