- Ropes & Gray
- $129,306.67 -178,020.00/year*
21 Warren St
The Client Development / Business Development Specialist (CDS) will be an integral member of the Business Development Team. Working closely with the Director of Client Development (DCD) and Client Development Manager (CDM), the CDS will primarily focus on providing dedicated support for the firm's client teaming, client feedback and other Business Development initiatives for the Life Sciences/Healthcare or the Financial Services industry groups. The candidate must be able to proactively and independently lead, prioritize and coordinate various projects simultaneously, while leveraging insights and best practices learned and developed from providing this executive level support. This is not a traditional marketing specialist position.
* Provide dedicated support to DCD and CDM for assigned high potential client teams and target teams: coordinating team meeting logistics; conducting and maintaining competitive intelligence on clients, industries and competitors; developing and maintaining all client team tools, including relationship summaries, quarterly client team snapshots and financial relationship analysis, and year in review accomplishments.
* As appropriate, independently provide strategic account management support for individually assigned client teams.
* Assist on pitches and proposals, help draft related materials, client emails, schedule pitch team prep and debrief meetings, and track follow up.
* Assist with other client development or business development initiatives and projects as the need arises from inception through delivery.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILL REQUIRED:
* An undergraduate degree is required.
* A minimum of three years' experience working in a law firm or corporate environment handling client accounts or teams.
* Basic market knowledge of the life sciences or financial services industry.
* Experience in conducting market research.
* Familiarity with Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and scheduling in Outlook.
* Excellent oral, written and interpersonal communication skills.
* Strong project management skills.
* Excellent attention to detail and proofreading skills.
* Must demonstrate the ability to maintain strict confidentiality of the firm's internal and personnel affairs.
* Ability to interact effectively with all levels of personnel, including firm leadership, management and support team.
* Ability to be a proactive self-starter, who understands the details within a much larger context and demonstrates good judgment.
* Must be flexible in order to respond quickly and positively to shifting demands and opportunities; ability to work under tight deadlines and handle multiple, detailed tasks.
* Ability to effectively manage multiple projects simultaneously.
* Ability to identify and solve problems, work independently, and take initiative.
* Must be team-oriented and collaborative.
* Must be proficient in how to leverage all of the firm's departmental resources, tools, and personnel needed to support the work of the department.
* Must have the knowledge, background and confidence to think beyond what is asked and challenge (when appropriate) the next steps being proposed.
* Must exhibit high energy, enthusiasm and positive attitude; articulate and confident.
* Ability to work effectively in a culturally and educationally diverse environment.
Normal office environment; incumbent is expected to work the hours necessary to fulfill the responsibilities of the position.
The above is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of the job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of essential functions, responsibilities or requirements.* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.