Coordinates firm wide Lateral Partner Recruitment program, including managing relationships with legal search firms, pre-screening resumes and overseeing the coordination of interviews, offers, and rejections. This role collaborates with and supports the lateral partner recruiting team in its efforts to develop and implement an effective strategic approach to lateral partner and counsel recruiting.
* Supports lateral partner and counsel hiring efforts across all offices.Works directly with the lateral partner recruiting team, providing administrative support to their efforts.
* Assists with all aspects of lateral partner and counsel recruiting, including attending meetings and calls regarding candidates, updating Practice Group Leaders and other applicable stakeholders regarding candidate status, preparing and updating lateral partner pipeline reports, and coordinating lateral partner interviews. Obtains, consolidates and circulates feedback regarding candidates.
* Assists in the development and implementation of search and candidate sourcing strategies for identified lateral partner recruiting needs.Engages in research and data base building in support of the same.
* Ensures consistent tracking of status of all lateral partner and counsel candidates on a timely basis to ensure ready access to information and data.Helps pull data to enable statistical and other analysis of metrics relating to lateral partner and counsel recruiting.
* Establishes and maintains relationships with legal search firms.Serves as liaison to search firm recuiters and ensure that all legal search firms have entered into appropriate contractual arrangements with the firm.
* Gathers and analyzes market intelligence, recruiting trends and other information relating to the job market for lateral partners and counsel.
* Coordinates lateral partner candidate and interviewer recruiting trips.Ensures schedules and arrangements for the same are accurate and complete.
* Acts as a liaison to lateral candidates throughout the interviewing process.
* Manages interview process, including but not limited to scheduling, greeting and communicating with candidates.
* Assists with on-boarding and integration efforts for lateral partners and counsel.
* Collaborates with Legal Recruitment staff in other offices in support of lateral partner and counsel recruiting efforts, and to develop and promote firm wide recruiting efforts.
* Assists with efforts to ensure a diverse candidate pool.
* Additional duties as assigned by the Director, Lateral Partner Recruiting and Lateral Partner Recruiting Manager.
* Flexibility in responding quickly and positively to shifting demands and opportunities.
* Ability to think strategically.
* Ability to interact effectively with all levels of firm personnel.
* Team-orientation and ability to share information, goals, opportunities, successes and failures with the appropriate parties.
* Attention to details and ability to follow up and follow through.
* Ability to multi-task, manage, and prioritize projects effectively.
* Ability to work independently, under the direction of others, and as a part of a team.
* Ability to recognize confidential information and to maintain strictly the confidentiality of such information.
* Ability to work in a multi-office environment.
* Ability to work effectively in a culturally and educationally diverse environment.
* Proactive learner with flexibility in adapting to new systems and processes.
* Ability to perform under stressful conditions in a thoughtful, organized and professional manner.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
* Minimum of a Bachelor's degree, JD preferred.
* Minimum of 4 years recruiting experience, preferably in a law firm or professional services firm.
* Proficiency in the use of computer programs including Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel), database programs (e.g., LawCruit), and social media and web-based programs.
* Excellent oral and written communication, organizational, project management and interpersonal skills.
* Work experience in a law firm, legal recruiting department or career services office required, preferably including experience recruiting lateral partners or other senior lawyers.
Normal office environment. This is an exempt position. Incumbent is expected to work the hours necessary to fulfill the responsibilities of the position. Some travel may be required.
The above is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of essential functions, responsibilities or requirements.