Provides administrative support to the Legal Recruiting Department in executing processes related to recruiting and hiring of lateral lawyers for the New York office, the summer associate program and the law school on-campus hiring season.
* Inputs and updates candidate information, creates and runs reports and updates recruiting status and activities in the legal recruiting database, (currently LawCruit) for recruiting and tracking purposes for entry-level candidates.
* Assists with the administrative support of the firm's annual recruitment process, which includes the fall hiring season.
* Ensures the integrity of the legal recruiting database (Lawcruit).
* Generates interview schedules and assembles interview materials for candidates.
* Enters recruiting information into the Legal Recruiting database.
* Communicates information related to interviews to those internally involved in the process (including lawyer interviewers, legal recruiting staff, reception staff, and building security staff).
* Files, organizes and maintains legal recruiting files and records.
* Greet candidates interviewing with the firm, when required.
* Prepares correspondence to lawyers and law student applicants, as directed.
* Provides support to the firm's diversity initiatives.
* Provides special event support at recruiting functions, some offsite.
* Legal Recruiting Department support may include:
* Opening, sorting, distributing department mail
* Processing check requests and paying invoices for department expenses
* Processing and tracking expenses
* Scheduling room reservations for meetings
* Assembling binders and information for meetings
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
* Bachelor's Degree or work experience which demonstrates the ability to organize and handle multiple tasks.
* Proficiency in the use of computer programs including Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel), document management programs (Filesite), and database programs.
* Minimum typing speed of 45 wpm.
* Excellent written and oral communication, organizational, and interpersonal skills
* Proficient in Excel and spreadsheets
* Work experience and demonstrated success in law firm or other relevant recruiting setting is highly desirable.
* Conscientious, well organized, detail-oriented, and willing to take initiative.
* Ability to multi-task, manage, and prioritize projects effectively.
* Ability to work independently, under the direction of others, and as a part of a team.
* Flexibility in responding quickly and positively to shifting demands and opportunities.
* Ability to interact effectively with all levels of firm personnel.
* Ability to recognize confidential information and to maintain confidentiality of such information.
* Proactive in learning and adapting to new systems and processes.
* Reliable, loyal, service-focused, and punctual.
* Ability to perform under stressful conditions in a thoughtful and professional manner.
Normal office environment and schedule. This is a non-exempt temporary position; candidate must be willing and able to handle overtime as needed. Compensation package is competitive and commensurate with experience.
The above is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of essential functions, responsibilities or requirements.
Associated topics: consultant, divorce, family law, firm, lawyer, law office, legal affairs, legal service, litigating, litigation