Practice Development Manager (Asset Management - Registered Funds and their Advisers)
Ropes & Gray
Financial Services - Banking/Investment/Finance
21 Warren St
Check out similar listings!
Loading some great jobs for you...
What Is Practice Development at Ropes & Gray? Practice Development plays an essential role in Ropes & Gray's business strategy. Our Practice Development professionals, working in teams, are embedded within each of the firm's practice groups and offices around the world. Each team stands in a unique position, working closely with the partners to design and implement a variety of business initiatives to help the practice group or office achieve its strategic priorities. Each Practice Development team also manages the core business functions of each practice group or office, including in the areas of strategic planning, business development, lateral partner integration, knowledge management and practice group operations. Our Practice Development professionals serve as trusted advisers for the partners and as liaisons on behalf of their practice group with other practices, attorneys and support departments at the firm.
The Practice Development Manager (\"PDM\") will provide significant practice and business development support to the firm's Asset Management Practice Group. The PDM will work closely with the Leaders of the Registered Funds Practice and the practice partners in all aspects of management of the practice through the provision of marketing, business development, knowledge management, lateral attorney integration, financial analysis and logistical support. Responsibilities include designing, organizing, coordinating and implementing initiatives in support of individual partners' business plans and the broader strategic objectives of the practice group and of the firm as a whole. To successfully execute against these responsibilities, the PDM will act as a liaison to other administrative departments and practice group support teams, as well as across geographies, working collaboratively to contribute to the overall success of each practice group.
The ideal candidate will have experience in the investment management and/or asset management industry and/or experience working in a large law firm. Strong leadership, a positive, can-do attitude, organizational skills, attention to detail and a willingness to pitch in and roll-up their sleeves to help the practice group achieve its business objectives is critical.
* This role is open to our Boston or New York office. Please note that occasional travel, in particular between New York and Boston, will be required.
* Assist Practice Leaders and practice group attorneys in the development, execution and implementation of practice group's strategic plan. * Design, coordinate and implement business development initiatives working with practice group attorneys and other attorneys, as well as practice and office development team members across the region and globally. * Lead business development initiatives, including pitches, responses to RFPs, teleconferences, webinars and client presentations. * Monitor and analyze market research and industry trends to support business priorities of practice groups, individual partners, office and firm. * Identify external marketing opportunities, including speaking opportunities, sponsorships, conferences and writing opportunities working in conjunction with the PR, Communications and Events teams. * Oversee the development of practice group marketing collateral material (e.g., brochures, bios, website descriptions, practice overviews and experience lists). * Oversee the preparation of various legal ranking submissions. * Manage the on-boarding and integration of lateral partners into the practice group, including drafting candidate sponsor memoranda and subsequent integration plans. * Expand, enrich and maintain internal practice group resources, including intranet site (\"the InfoNet\"), experience and other various firm databases. * Update practice group members on developments related to practice initiatives. Facilitate sharing of practice developments and information with appropriate Professional Services Staff Groups * Ensure practice-specific training programs are aligned with the goals and needs of the group, working in conjunction with practice group attorneys and Professional Development. * Conduct routine analyses of practice group financial reports and metrics and manage practice group budgets. * Work closely with partners to identify and implement strategies and tactics to drive the growth of key client relationships. * Plan and execute or, where appropriate, supervise practice group events and partner meetings as well as internal social events, working closely with events team. * Manage Practice Development Specialists and Assistants through coaching, mentoring and delegation of practice group projects and routine tasks.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES
* Ability to maintain strict confidentiality of the Firm's internal and personnel affairs. * Demonstrated ability to proactively identify and solve problems, work independently, work on multiple projects simultaneously and take initiative. * Ability to make logical conclusions or recommendations based on the analysis and synthesis of data and information which is varied in content and format. * Strong organizational skills and proven attention to detail. * Excellent legal and business writing skills. * Excellent oral and written communication and interpersonal skills to work effectively with people at all levels and in a multi-office environment. * Ability to establish credibility with Ropes & Gray partners, to bring to bear the right mix of confidence, tact and persistence in working with the firm's lawyers.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
* Experience in or strong knowledge of asset management preferred. * Bachelor's degree. JD or MBA preferred. * Minimum of five years of relevant experience in a large law firm or corporate environment. * Candidate must have proven problem-solving abilities, be able to work on multiple projects simultaneously, and take responsibility for designing and implementing goals. * Prior people management experience including coaching, mentoring and strong delegation skills.
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.