What is the opportunity?
* The Capital Adequacy Group is responsible for supporting the submission of the firm's FR-Y9C schedule HC-R submission and coordinating across the various stakeholders / work-streams to ensure consistency in methodologies, documentation, and interpretation of regulatory guidance.
* The Capital Adequacy Group has responsibility for capital and RWA calculations and associated management reporting.
* The Capital Adequacy Group ensures the controls and critical content (including but not limited to, schedule HC-R completion, work stream documentation, validation documentation, and capital planning) is delivered.
What will you do?
Responsible for developing, implementing and maintaining the framework to support the IHC's Capital Adequacy calculations, FY-Y9C schedule HC-R reporting, FR Y-14Q schedule C and D reporting and FR Y-14A schedule C reporting. This responsibility including monthly/quarterly RWA calculations.
* Develop, maintain and run existing capital and RWA calculators for multiple products. (25%)
* Develop and maintain capital and RWA reporting and analytics including month over month variances, and business unit RWA allocations. (25%)
* Develop and maintain required controls, documentation and governance processes related to all aspects of the role. (20%)
* Develop RWA optimization strategies and partner with business units to implement strategies. (20%)
* Development of strategic solutions for capital and RWA calculations under US Basel 3 standardized requirements. (5%)
* Data aggregation including implementation and maintenance of tactical and strategic data sourcing processes. (5%)
* Review CCAR RWA forecasting methodology including calculation support.
What do you need to succeed?
Basic Qualifications (Legislative Requirement)
* 2+ year work experience in the following areas: Basel III regulatory capital, broker/dealer or capital markets industry, financial reporting and accounting
* Strong technical skills, must be operationally savvy, action-oriented individual who continually strives for improvement
* Bachelor's degree in finance, accounting or related field
* MBA, CFA, FRM or CPA desired but not required
Other Required Qualifications:
* Financial analysis and reporting skill set
* Broad understanding of capital markets, retail banking, and wealth management
* Familiarity with operational, technology and support environment issues
* Understanding of balance sheet analysis and accounting
* Demonstrated ability to work independently with exceptional attention to detail
* Excel/VBA, Powerpoints, SQL, Word
* Performance driven
* Detail oriented
* Independent worker/thinker
* Effective communicator
* Organizational awareness
* Team player
* Quick learner
What's in it for you?
We thrive on the challenge to be our best, progressive thinking to keep growing, and working together to deliver trusted advice to help our clients thrive and communities prosper. We care about each other, reaching our potential, making a difference to our communities, and achieving success that is mutual.
* Leaders who support your development through coaching and managing opportunities
* Ability to make a difference and lasting impact
* Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team
Royal Bank of Canada is Canada's largest bank, and one of the largest banks in the world, based on market capitalization. We are one of North America's leading diversified financial services companies, and provide personal and commercial banking, wealth management, insurance, investor services and capital markets products and services on a global basis. We have over 80,000 full- and part-time employees who serve more than 16 million personal, business, public sector and institutional clients through offices in Canada, the U.S. and 37 other countries. For more information, please visit rbc.com.
Inclusion and Equal Opportunity Employment
RBC is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veterans status, Aboriginal/Native American status or any other legally-protected factors. Disability-related accommodations during the application process are available upon request.
City: New York
Address: 200 Vesey St
Work Hours/Week: 40
Work Environment: Office
Employment Type: Permanent
Career Level: Experienced Hire/Professional
Pay Type: Salaried
Position Level: PL08
Required Travel(%): 0
People Manager: No
Application Deadline: 05/01/2019
Req ID: 184864