What is the opportunity?
Join a team that puts your critical skills to work and where your credit opinion is heard. A team where you will collaborate with analysts across several sectors of the Business; including Adjudication, Corporate Banking, Global Credit and other Capital Markets areas.
What will you do?
As an Associate in Group Risk Management, you will be managing credit risk associated with your industry specific portfolio, gaining credit and industry expertise. You will be part of a corporate credit team, responsible for the ratings and surveillance of entities in the capital market and mid-market space.
This role calls for motivated and energetic analysts that are intellectually curious. You will provide industry thought leadership in the assessment, compiling and analyzing financial statements, managing complex financial models, assessing a company's competitive positions and industry outlooks. Associates are expected to monitor company and industry developments in real-time and to play an active role in rating committee presentations and quarterly industry roundtables.
This role also requires you to pay-it-forward, as you are expected to coach and mentor junior risk analysts.
What do you need to succeed?
* Self-motivated with a combination of strong financial/analytical skills and entrepreneurial mindset
* At least 2 years relevant work experience
* MBA, professional designation (i.e. CPA, CMA, CFA, etc.), or a post-graduate degree with a focus in business, accounting, economics, mathematics, or other quantitative field
* Knowledge of financial risk management concepts and techniques, familiarity with financial markets and credit operations
* Excellent communication skills (verbal and written) and proven ability to work in high pressure situations
* Demonstrated ability to effectively build and manage relationships
* High degree of computer literacy: MS Office Suite, database software, and electronic tools for on-line research
* Experience with Bloomberg, S&P, Capital IQ, Moody's, Tableau, SQL, Python
* Industry experience including: Communications, Media, Entertainment, Technology, Health Care and/or Aerospace and Defense.
What's in it for you?
We thrive on the challenge to be our best, progressive thinking to keep growing, and working together to deliver trusted advice to help our clients thrive and communities prosper. We care about each other, reaching our potential, making a difference to our communities, and achieving success that is mutual.
* Leaders who support your development through coaching and managing opportunities
* Ability to make a difference and lasting impact
* Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team
Royal Bank of Canada is Canada's largest bank, and one of the largest banks in the world, based on market capitalization. We are one of North America's leading diversified financial services companies, and provide personal and commercial banking, wealth management, insurance, investor services and capital markets products and services on a global basis. We have over 80,000 full- and part-time employees who serve more than 16 million personal, business, public sector and institutional clients through offices in Canada, the U.S. and 37 other countries. For more information, please visit rbc.com.
Inclusion and Equal Opportunity Employment
RBC is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veterans status, Aboriginal/Native American status or any other legally-protected factors. Disability-related accommodations during the application process are available upon request.
City: New York
Address: 3 WFC
Work Hours/Week: 40+
Work Environment: Office
Employment Type: Regular - U.S.
Career Level: Experienced Hire/Professional
Pay Type: Salaried
Position Level: PL08
Required Travel(%): 0-25
People Manager: No
Application Deadline: 04/30/2019
Req ID: 184214
Associated topics: actuarial, actuarial analyst, actuarial assistant, analyst, assistant actuary, associate actuary, cost, mathmatics, probability, statistics