What is the opportunity?
To analyze, model and write research on the Healthcare IT sector. Then communicate the results and recommendations to our global equity sales force, traders and investment fund managers globally.
What will you do?
* Build financial models and write detailed, action orientated research reports, with the appropriate level of site due diligence and management meetings as appropriate
* Analyze and maintain timely research on the Healthcare IT sector
* Discuss your analysis/findings with salespeople, traders and clients
* Support and answer client queries as they relate to the coverage universe
* Market our research to clients globally
OPERATIONAL RISK RESPONSIBILITIES
The following responsibilities apply to you in your role as a Supervisor. Please note that you remain ultimately responsible for any supervisory duties that you delegate; therefore, you should take reasonable steps to review for the proper completion of such duties. A Supervisor (or delegate) must:
* Review new and updated Firm Policies applicable to your business and communicate such Firm Policies to employees for whom you have supervisory responsibilities.
* In carrying out your supervisory responsibilities, review for indications of non-compliance with Firm Polices, notify the appropriate risk and control areas of such indications, and work with the relevant risk and control areas to remediate issues on a timely basis
* Identify, assist and manage operational risks/control deficiencies in the business
What do you need to succeed?
* Strong economic and/or finance background with Master's degree in Economics or Finance
* Strong analytical skills with experience in financial modeling and detailed spreadsheet work
* Superior customer service focus and attitude for internal and external clients
* Ability to perform under pressure and meet time sensitive deadlines, sometimes for extended periods of time
* Commitment to task and an attention to detail
* Strong PC skills specifically in Microsoft Office applications and sourcing data from the internet, various publications and market data services
* Ability to prioritize work and multi-task responsibilities
* Self starter - must be organized and able to work independently
* Excellent writing and communications skills
* Good personal skills and the ability to work and coordinate effectively within a team environment
* At least five years experience as a Research Analyst in financial markets
* 10+ years overall related experience
What's in it for you?
We thrive on the challenge to be our best, progressive thinking to keep growing, and working together to deliver trusted advice to help our clients thrive and communities prosper. We care about each other, reaching our potential, making a difference to our communities, and achieving success that is mutual.
* A comprehensive Total Rewards Program including bonuses and flexible benefits, competitive compensation
* Leaders who support your development through coaching and managing opportunities
* Ability to make a difference and lasting impact
* Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team
Royal Bank of Canada is Canada's largest bank, and one of the largest banks in the world, based on market capitalization. We are one of North America's leading diversified financial services companies, and provide personal and commercial banking, wealth management, insurance, investor services and capital markets products and services on a global basis. We have over 80,000 full- and part-time employees who serve more than 16 million personal, business, public sector and institutional clients through offices in Canada, the U.S. and 37 other countries. For more information, please visit rbc.com.
Inclusion and Equal Opportunity Employment
RBC is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veterans status, Aboriginal/Native American status or any other legally-protected factors. Disability-related accommodations during the application process are available upon request.
City: New York
Address: 200 Vesey St
Work Hours/Week: 40
Work Environment: Office
Employment Type: Permanent
Career Level: Experienced Hire/Professional
Pay Type: Salaried
Position Level: CM - Vice President
Required Travel(%): 0
People Manager: No
Application Deadline: 06/10/2019
Req ID: 186164
Ad Code(s): None
Associated topics: business analyst, capital, commercial, commission, credit, economy asset, gs 0110 12, investment, pricing, wholesale