At RSM, Tax Senior Associates are responsible for the following job duties which are focused around two core concepts; technical & quality expertise, and delivering excellent client service:
- Preparing complex Tax returns approximately 25-40% of the time
- Develop, motivate, and train staff level and intern team members approximately 10% of the time
- Detailed review and analysis of Tax returns approximately 10-15%
- Interact directly with clients handling questions, planning, concerns, etc.
- Performing, documenting, and summarizing research and conclusions regarding specific tax issues approximately 10% of the time
- Remain up-to-date on current tax practices and changes in tax law
- Other duties as assigned
- Some travel may be required
- BA/BS Degree preferably in Accounting or related field of study
- Must be eligible to sit for the CPA exam or a licensed JD
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in a public accounting environment
- Ability to work closely with clients to answer questions or to collect necessary information for tax service requirements
- Experience preparing and reviewing returns
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Masters of Accounting
- CPA, JD, LLM, or EA
- Experience with a national or large regional accounting firm
- Working knowledge of tax code and technical aspects of tax preparation and compliance
- Strong technical skills in accounting and tax preparation, review experience a plus
- Experience in dealing with international tax matters a plus
You want your next step to be the right one. You've worked hard to get where you are today. And now you're ready to use your unique skills, talents and personality to achieve great things. RSM is a place where you are valued as an individual, mentored as a future leader, and recognized for your accomplishments and potential. Working directly with clients, key decision makers and business owners across various industries and geographies, you'll move quickly along the learning curve and our clients will benefit from your fresh perspective.
Experience RSM US. Experience the power of being understood.
RSM is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans.