RSM is seeking an experienced, energetic and self-motivated state and local Credits & Incentives (C&I) tax specialist to join our dynamic, collaborative and expanding New York City Metro State and Local Tax practice. RSM's collaborative and entrepreneurial culture provide a career-focused individual with the opportunity to be an integral part of an expanding State and Local Tax (SALT) practice. Operating out of 76 major metropolitan cities centered around 5 geographic regions, we take pride in being the premier service provider for middle market companies, while also having the depth and expertise to service to our Fortune 1,000 clients. In addition, through RSMs affiliate network firm's we have access to a global network of professionals consisting of more 22,000 professionals in more than 100 countries.
In your important role, you will be responsible for the following:
* This is a client facing position in which you should be able to demonstrate an understanding of multi-state credit and incentive programs, Federal WOTC and local incentive programs.
* Assisting companies with reducing investment costs by unlocking and securing favorable incentives packages
* Learning to identify agencies administering various programs Controversies, and assisting in identifying tax and non-tax savings opportunities for past and future investments, job creation, research, training and other qualified expenditures
* Extensive technical skills, including identifying, applying and securing applicable credit and incentive programs
* Understanding and applying changes in state legislature, tax research, consulting and compliance as it relates to multi-state specialties
* Experience identifying and addressing client needs: building, maintaining, and utilizing networks of client relationships and community involvement; communicating value propositions; managing resource requirements, project workflow, budgets, billing and collections; and preparing and/or coordinating complex written and verbal materials
* Supervising associates to create an atmosphere of trust; seeking diverse views to encourage improvement and innovation; and coaching staff including providing timely meaningful written and verbal feedback
* Bachelors Degree in Accounting or other related degree
* CPA Certification, JD or LLM preferred
* 2 plus years of current or recent experience in public accounting or Economic Development on the State or local level
* In depth knowledge of tax laws and regulations
You want your next step to be the right one. You've worked hard to get where you are today. And now you're ready to use your unique skills, talents and personality to achieve great things. RSM is a place where you are valued as an individual, mentored as a future leader, and recognized for your accomplishments and potential. Working directly with clients, key decision makers and business owners across various industries and geographies, you'll move quickly along the learning curve and our clients will benefit from your fresh perspective.
Experience RSM US. Experience the power of being understood.
RSM is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans.
Job ID req7166
Line of Business: Tax Services
SubFunction: SALT C&I
Job Type: Full Time
Req #: req7166
Location: 151 West 42nd Street, Floors 18-20, New York, NY US
Region: Northeast Region
Job Category: Tax
Employment Type: Experienced
Degree Required: Bachelor