The information security manager will play an integral part in the development, implementation, and compliance of technical security across the organization. The manager will support in managing risks related to information security, business continuity planning, privacy, and compliance.
Essential Job Functions:
- Identify threats and work to create steps to defend against them
- Develops and implements security standards, processes and procedures, and guidelines for the organization
- Ensures and monitors security compliance with industry and government rules and regulations
- Coordinates with technology and business groups to assess, implement, and monitor IT-related security risks/hazards
- Perform vulnerability and penetration tests (internal and/or with consultants) across all network segments
- Ensure security systems such as firewalls, antivirus, and IDS/IPS software are configured to recommended policies
- Analyze current security requirements and make suggestions for improvements
- Define disaster recovery plans
- Reports security performance against established security metrics
- Ensures security compliance and meets all service level agreement requirements
- Creates an information security awareness program to ensure staff members across the organization understand the trade-off between risk and return
- Understands ?voice of the customer? and develops mechanisms to proactively sense adoption and usage patterns of consumer technologies by end users so that policy can align with need
- Manage and coordinate security related projects and tasks
- ?2+ years of progressively responsible experience over a wide range of information security systems
- Network Security, penetration testing, risk management and security architecture and design
- IDS/IPS vulnerability and penetration testing
- Anti-malware, anti-virus and web-filtering software
- Disaster Recovery and Business Continuity
- Packet analysis tools and Security information and event management (SIEM)
- Demonstrated ability to work in a dynamic environment where requirements are constantly changing.
- Excellent written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to conduct and direct research into IT security issues and products.
- Ability to present ideas in business-friendly and user-friendly language.
- Highly self-motivated, self-directed, and attentive to detail.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Extensive experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Strong decision-making capabilities, with a proven ability to weigh the relative costs and benefits of potential actions and identify the most appropriate one?
At least a bachelor?s degree or its equivalent desired. Requires at least 4 years of experience in the field or in a related area. Experience may be substituted for education.
Familiar with a variety of the field's concepts, practices, and procedures
Certification in CompTIA Security +, SSCP, CEH, or CISS
If hired, I agree to abide by all of Safe Horizon?s rules and regulations, and understand that, if employed, my employment may be terminated with or without cause, and with or without notice, at any time, at the option of either the company or me.? I further understand that no representation, whether oral or written by any representative or agent of the organization, at any time, constitutes a contract of employment
AmeriCorps, Peace Corps and other national service alumni are encouraged to apply
Please follow this link to view complete EEO Law and complaint filing information:
Associated topics: chief program officer, cpo, manage, manager, management, monitor, product manager, project manager, relationship manager, task