Quality Control Specialist
Compensation: $141,470.00 - $130,870.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Sage Parts is the world leader in replacement parts for Aviation Ground Support Equipment (GSE). We offer the world's largest inventory of replacement parts for aviation ground support equipment including auto and truck parts. We are also the industry s leading provider of outsourcing program management for both GSE and auto parts. Sage has established the most geographically widespread distribution network in the GSE parts marketplace. Our warehousing facilities are strategically located at or near airport locations throughout the United States, Canada, Latin America, Europe and Asia. We are currently seeking a Mechanical Design Engineer to join our Headquarters team.
TheQuality Control Specialist is responsible for applying and monitoring the Sage Quality Program for a wide range of automotive and GSE specific components.The candidate needs to possess strong communications skills to relay important quality control concepts to technical and non-technical professionals. Additionally, they must have excellent analytical abilities to identify quality problems and develop appropriate solutions in a timely manner. In all tasks, they must follow relevant safety regulations.
- Performs or coordinates inspection of incoming products per Quality Program. This includes the verification of high risk material from new suppliers, first time deliveries, Engineering Change Notice, Rework, or material with a history of poor manufacturing performance.
- Performs first piece inspections & final inspections at each manufacturing or development phase.
- Verifies and supports dispositions of nonconforming materials whether internal or customer returns through an RMA procedure. This includes insuring the integrity of the quality data input in the Nonconforming Material Report database. Interface with internal and external personnel may be required in the performance of these activities.
- Collects quality data. Enters and manipulates data using PC based spreadsheets and databases.
- Participates in problem solving activities using data analysis and SPC techniques, as well as effective cross-functional problem-solving skills.
- Provides basic training on quality related topics and inspection/verification techniques to other team members and temp labor.
- Demonstrates a clear understanding of the appropriate revision of ANSI Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing methodologies in reading and interpreting part drawings.
- Must be technically competent to perform the following inspection procedures: Uses hand gauging techniques for mechanical verification of dimensions, and other features of parts & material, visually inspects material using standard industry techniques.
- Determines the correct choice of verification techniques and equipment for the task in question.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
- Must have general shop mathematics skills.
- Must be well versed of ISO 9001 and AS9100 procedures. Knowledge of AS9102 first article layout a plus.
- Must have working knowledge of CMM, Optical Comparator and precision measuring tools.
- Must be able to measure and work to close tolerances (.0001).
- Must be fluent in reading, writing and understanding instructions and reports.
- Knowledge of heavy duty industrial or automotive parts inspection is highly desirable.
Associate s or Bachelor s Degree in a technical discipline and 3-5 years of experience in a quality related field or 10 years of directly related experience in an on-the-job training environment. Good communication skills is a must. Familiarity with PC based applications such as Word, Excel and Access is strongly desired
EOE. Benefits offered include: Medical, Dental, Vision, Employer paid Short and Long Term Disability & Life Insurance, 401k with company match, Flexible Spending, AFLAC plans, and Paid time off. Please submit resume with salary history. LOCAL CANDIDATES ONLY.
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...