The Salvation Army Kroc Corps Community Center is hiring Summer Camp Junior Counselors to work with the Group Leader, Unit Leader, and Education Coordinator to implement the day-to-day activities of the children enrolled in the Camp. You must be available for training from June 24-June 28. Camp sessions begin on July 8th and run through August 23rd.
* Assist with the daily activities such as devotions, crafts, mystery programs, recreation, music, drama, lunch, snacks, games, trips, etc.
* Must be able to assist with planning, preparing and implementing the day-to-day activities.
* Provide supervision and general child care.
* Clean up and set up of activity areas as directed by Camp Group Leader and/or Education Coordinator.
* Receive and dismiss children daily in the designated area.
* Set a Christian example for the children, parents, staff and volunteers.
* Represent The Salvation Army's spiritual ministry and social mission in the Camp program.
* Engage in Christian spiritual conversation with members of the public and in the corps facility if the opportunity or need presents itself.
* Recognize spiritual need of persons which may require referral to the Corps.
* Must complete Camp Staff Orientation.
* Perform other related duties as assigned by your supervisors
* Minimum of six months experience working or volunteering with school age children.
* Experience with Christian Education Programs for school age children such as Sunday School or Vacation Bible Study a plus
* Must have a keen interest in working with children and youth
* Must be at least sixteen years of age
* Must complete Camp Staff Orientation, which will run from June 24-June 28, 2019
Associated topics: academic, arts, director, lakefront, leader, lifeguard, music, ride attendant, summer camp, youth