Associate, Data Governance-1901738
The Associate, Data Governance strategizes, defines and operationalizes the Data Governance program. S/he is also responsible for project management activities involved with Data Governance.
* Consults with other CDO and business teams to gather detailed, accurate and specific governance requirements.
* Contribute to the development of a multi-year roadmap and associated activities to move from current state to future state.
* Identifies new ways to create value through business process improvements and enhancements.
* Identifies potential areas where existing processes require change or need to be developed to ensure data governance objectives are met.
* Develops and reviews the policy and standards to ensure data management objectives are clear, current and in line with business and organizational objectives.
* Review and challenge procedures authored by first and second line teams to ensure they effectively meet requirements set out within policy and standards.
* Reviews and analyzes Corporate requirements to understand local impact while developing implementation plans to meet objectives.
* Manages expectations and builds relationships across all levels of the organization.
* Supports project management activities and provides project updates, risks, and issues.
* Works closely with the Data Governance Director to administer monthly governance forums, including preparation and coordination of meeting materials, review and challenge of content and the management of associated actions.
* Financial Planning and Management (Budget, Planning, P21..)
* Resource management, e.g.: organizational charts, onboarding, assessments, headcount planning
* Vendor relations for the area
* Ensure compliance with all management request
* Ensure governance and compliance around risk items (e.g.: Heracles) for the area.
* Bachelor's Degree; Finance, Economics, Computer Science, Mathematics/Statistics, Actuarial Science, or other equivalent work experience
* Master's Degree; Finance, Economics, Computer Science, Mathematics/Statistics, Actuarial Science, or other equivalent work experience
* 5-9 years; Audit, regulatory, compliance, operational, or financial experience with Data Governance
* Ability to adapt to rapidly changing business environment
* Ability to adjust to new developments/changing circumstances
* Ability to communicate at all levels with clarity, poise, maturity and precision both written and verbal
* Ability to influence others
* Ability to interact with all levels of employees, including senior level management
* Ability to lead and coach junior level professionals
* Ability to leverage technology to improve and automate business tasks
* Ability to maintain and report on confidential information in an appropriate manner
* Ability to multi-task and adhere to deadlines
* Advanced Knowledge of data governance best practices, structures, and frameworks
* Advanced knowledge in creating, editing, modifying, sharing and restricting access to data, data tiering and data metering, and data remediation
* Demonstrated experience in Data Governance, Data Stewardship, Data Quality, and/or Master Data Management within Financial Services
* Demonstrated experience solving complex problems and driving multiple stakeholders towards implementable solutions
* Strong attention to details and can analyze information quickly
* Strong problem solving and analytical skills
* Strong project management skills, managing all phases of mid to large-scale Data Governance projects
Minimal physical effort such as sitting, standing, and walking.
At Santander, we value and respect differences in our workforce and strive to increase the diversity of our teams. We actively encourage everyone to apply.
Primary Location:Massachusetts-Dorchester-2 Morrissey Boulevard - 06367 - Columbia Park
Job Posting:Apr 5, 2019, 3:25:55 PM
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER M/F/Vet/Disabled/SO
Associated topics: business, business analyst, commercial, consultant, economics, economy asset, estate, financial, financial analyst, real estate