The Sr. Associate, Financial Planning & Analysis is responsible for the creation and ongoing management of FP&A projects, processes, and tools to support the FP&A functionality. S/he coaches, reviews, and delegates work to junior level professionals.
* Acts as a subject matter expert (SME) while providing leadership, guidance and mentorship to other project managers. * Assess finance organizational structure and functions, recommends opportunities to optimize and improve the finance functionality within the organization. * Coaches, reviews, and delegates workload to junior level professionals to help execute the financial management function. * Consults on complex business issues and data design considerations to improve accuracy and efficiency in the reporting processes. * Creates and/or changes processes that will lead to measurable gains in data quality and processing time. * Delivers guidance to senior level with regard to design queries and report packages using systems and other appropriate tools; resolve data process issues. * Delivers well-analyzed financial forecasts to support the businesses strategic direction and budget. * Enhances the financial understanding of business lines, products and segments to aid reporting, forecasting and business decision making. * Ensures consistency between the capital management framework, the risk appetite, tolerance, and strategic planning processes. * Establishes and implements detailed process documentation and best practices for all data processes and technical solutions. * Influences others at an operational level regarding new concepts, practices, and approaches. * Manages FP&A projects, processes, and tools to support the FP&A functionality. * Manages and is accountable for growth of large accounts. * Recommends industry and data sources to enhance reporting with benchmarks to support business cases. * Represents organization as the primary contact for specific Financial Planning & Analysis projects and initiatives. * Supports in identifying, interpreting and implementing emerging regulatory requirements relating to capital management, including articulating responses to requests from regulatory bodies in writing. * With input from key business stakeholders, leads periodic gap assessments of current capital management processes against leading and emerging industry practices and changes in regulatory expectations.
* Bachelor's Degree; Business Administration, Accounting, Economics, or equivalent field. * Master's Degree; Business Administration, Accounting, Economics, or equivalent field.,or equivalent work experience
WORK EXPERIENCE: 9-12 years; Accounting/financial analysis and planning experience within the Financial Services/Banking industry
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
* Ability to convey a sense of urgency and drive issues/projects to closure. * Ability to effectively communicate complex financial transactions and strategies. * Ability to listen and interpret the requirements of internal clients, plan accordingly, and exceed expectations. * Ability to multi-task and meet strict deadlines. * Ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects simultaneously. * Demonstrated financial modeling knowledge and skills with strong analytical, qualitative, and problem-solving skills. * Detail oriented with the ability to research, organize and analyze financial data. * Excellent interpersonal skills with ability to build relationships at all levels of management. * Excellent leadership skills. * Excellent verbal and written communication skills. * Self-directed, self-motivated and demonstrated experience providing ideas and solutions to further business understanding. * Strong Proficiency in PowerPoint, Excel, Word. * Strong experience in and knowledge of financial planning and analysis. * Strong financial analysis, modeling, and problem-solving
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: Minimal physical effort such as sitting, standing, and walking.
* Considers multiple business and financial factors when weighing the merits of alternative risk strategies * Has extensive experience in interpreting and analyzing a variety of financial data to diagnose significant or unusual operational risks * Designs, develops and drives the adoption of risk management policies, processes, and procedures * Applies advanced skills in operational processes and uses it to improve work efficiency and quality * Effectively conveys difficult or complex information in an easy to understand manner, by providing the big picture and illustrating important linkages * Asks open-ended questions that encourage others to give their points of view * Fully accountable for timeliness, completeness, quality of projects, processes, products and services * Remains calm and focused on goals while facing pressures, obstacles or short-term setbacks * Improves relationships between key individuals to achieve seamless cross-team work flow and positively impact results * Uses informal networks to gain support for ideas and projects * Persists in searching out the root causes of major problems rather than being satisfied with partial solutions or \"quick fixes\" * Brings new thinking, insights or technology to problem resolution * Recognizes potential and multiple impacts of change and acts as a coach to help people understand and prepare for change * Takes proactive action to maintain relationships that are impacted by change * Takes responsibility for and deals effectively with complex and sensitive customer issues and complaints * Anticipates customer needs and proactively makes recommendations
At Santander, we value and respect differences in our workforce and strive to increase the diversity of our teams. We actively encourage everyone to apply.
Job:Financial Planning & Analysis
Primary Location:Massachusetts-Dorchester-2 Morrissey Boulevard - 06367 - Columbia Park
Organization:Consumer & Business Banking (1001)
Job Posting:Feb 27, 2019, 4:17:54 PM
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER M/F/Vet/Disabled/SO
Associated topics: analyst, business, business finance, business intelligence, financial analyst, forecasting, investment analytics, investment banking, law, refine
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.