Requisition ID: 211616
Work Area: Presales
Expected Travel: 0 - 50%
Career Status: Professional
Employment Type: Regular Full Time
SAP started in 1972 as a team of five colleagues with a desire to do something new. Together, they changed enterprise software and reinvented how business was done. Today, as a market leader in enterprise application software, we remain true to our roots. That's why we engineer solutions to fuel innovation, foster equality and spread opportunity for our employees and customers across borders and cultures.
SAP values the entrepreneurial spirit, fostering creativity and building lasting relationships with our employees. We know that a diverse and inclusive workforce keeps us competitive and provides opportunities for all. We believe that together we can transform industries, grow economics, lift up societies and sustain our environment. Because it's the best-run businesses that make the world run better and improve people's lives.
Title: Presales Senior Solution Consultant (SAP Ariba)
Department: SAP Ariba - Procurement and Business Network LoB
Location: Home Office - Regulated Industries (New York preferred)
Reports To: Director - Head of US Regulated Industries Presales
FLSA Status: Exempt
Job Description Overview
SAP Ariba is the leading provider of collaborative business commerce solutions. SAP Ariba combines industry-leading software as a service (SaaS) technology to optimize the complete commerce lifecycle with the world's largest web-based community to discover, connect and collaborate with a global network of trading partners and expert capabilities to augment internal resources and skills, delivering everything needed to control costs, minimize risk, improve profits and enhance cash flow and operations - all in a cloud-based environment. Whether you're buying, selling or managing cash, you can do it more efficiently and effectively in the SAP Ariba? Commerce Cloud. Over 300,000 companies, including more than 80 percent of the Fortune 500, use SAP Ariba's solutions to drive more efficient inter-enterprise commerce.
The Presales Senior Solution Consultant primary responsibility is to augment the sales effort by working closely with the sales team in three ways:
* Listening to customers' and prospects' Business Commerce and Spend/Supply Chain Management problems and needs
* Communicating SAP Ariba's vision for Better Business Commerce and Spend/Supply Chain Management via the Ariba Commerce Cloud
* Leading compelling, customized SAP Ariba product demonstrations
Additional responsibilities include taking the lead in responding to functional RFxs and helping the team build supporting ROI business cases for prospects and customers.
Duties and Responsibilities
* Articulate and present SAP Ariba's value proposition both verbally and in writing to C-level executives
* Deliver high-impact software demonstrations to prospective customers that demonstrate how our applications help clients improve Spend Management and Supply Chain performance and reduce cost
* Identify specific customer needs through one to two day site surveys
* Navigate and understand prospect's or customer's legacy IT environment and architect solutions that integrate with this legacy environment
* Lead sales teams that conduct opportunity assessments
* Reduce the length of the sales cycles by answering functional questions regarding SAP Ariba's software and how it integrates with the prospects' overall solution architecture
* Lead development of customer specific proofs-of-concept of software features and functionality
* Work closely with Account Executives to develop and execute on account strategies
* Create powerful visual presentations and winning proposals
* Builds relationships with key buying influences across the executive, management and end user contacts.
* Understands the working styles and needs of individuals (e.g. customers and team members) and uses knowledge to ensure effective and timely delivery of deliverables (demonstrations, RFPs, etc).
* Tailors selling approach to the unique needs/concerns of each customer.
* Displays deep knowledge of the customer's processes (e.g. Supply Chain, Procurement, Sourcing, Accounts Payable, and Finance).
* Acts as the \"voice of the customer\" and sales liaison to Product Management, Product Development, and Product Strategy
* Create \"whitepapers\" as required in response to competitive situations and needs/concerns of the customer
* Supports the selling efforts of the Account Executives/Managers, Sales Group Directors, and General Managers in order to more efficiently drive the sales process
* Identifies opportunities for expanding usage and obtains customer advocacy.
* Previous experience leading a traditional sales cycle
* All other duties assigned
* Bachelor's Degree in technical, supply chain or business disciplines
* Supply Chain Planning and Execution experience preferred
* Sourcing, Procurement, AP/Finance, ERP experience preferred
* Experience in public sector / Government, Education, Utilities, or Aerospace & Defense preferred
* Strong sales support skills, customer service skills and commercial instinct
* Ability to work well in a collaborative team environment
* Strong executive presence
Basic Minimum Qualifications
* 5 + years of professional work experience (preferably presales, sourcing, procurement, AP/Finance, or supply chain industry)
* 5 + years customer-facing or leading project management experience
WHAT YOU GET FROM US
Success is what you make it. At SAP, we help you make it your own.
A career at SAP can open many doors for you. If you're searching for a company that's dedicated to your ideas and individual growth, recognizes you for your unique contributions, fills you with a strong sense of purpose, and provides a fun, flexible and inclusive work environment - apply now.
SAP'S DIVERSITY COMMITMENT
To harness the power of innovation, SAP invests in the development of its diverse employees. We aspire to leverage the qualities and appreciate the unique competencies that each person brings to the company.
SAP is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity and to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with SAP and are in need of accommodation or special assistance to navigate our website or to complete your application, please send an e-mail with your request to Recruiting Operations Team. (Americas:...@sap.com or ...@sap.com, APJ: ...@sap.com, EMEA: ...@sap.com). Requests for reasonable accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Successful candidates might be required to undergo a background verification with an external vendor.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability:
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their age, race, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
Successful candidates might be required to undergo a background verification with an external vendor.
Additional Locations: Virtual - USA
Nearest Major Market: Manhattan
Nearest Secondary Market: New York City
Job Segment: Accounts Payable, SAP, ERP, Developer, Product Development, Finance, Technology, Research
Associated topics: business, business analysis, business intelligence, client, consult, crm, market, marketing, sales, sap