A global tribe of individuals, partners and progressives, devoted to creating extraordinary experiences for our community throughout our proprietary brands - we are sbe.
Visionaries at the forefront of hospitality, cuisine, design, residences and entertainment, our lifestyle moments are forged with highly-curated and passionate service.
We are committed to authenticity, sophistication, mastery and innovation. Our stage is the world. Our time is now.
With this in mind, we foster a family environment built on values that describe our lifestyle, experiences and how we see the world. When you have a tribe such as ours and place it in and around the collection of accommodations, restaurants, nightlife, retail and gaming, you create a force that can not be replicated by anyone else. We are an equal opportunity employer.
Under the general guidance of the Executive Housekeeper, responsibilities include assigning and supervising the activities of the room attendants, house porters and linen porters to ensure clean, orderly, attractive and well maintained guest rooms, corridors, fire exits, stairways and service areas on assigned floors/areas. Ensure guests of the hotel are treated fairly and consistently in a timely manner, receiving high quality, personalized service, and an Engaging, Dynamic Guest Experience.
Duties & Functions:
* Manage the allocation of work assignments to Room Attendants and Porters to ensure maximum coverage
* Mentor, manage and discipline Room Attendants and Porters.
* Assign special duties to Room Attendants and House Porters on assigned floors
* Check the computer system throughout the day for an update of room status and communicate with the front desk and engineering
* Check and return an allocated number of guest rooms to the standard required by the hotel
* Report to the Housekeeping Office any rooms which do not require service, are \"Do Not Disturb\" or are double locked by the afternoon and to log these on the hand over
* Report and log any maintenance defects found in the rooms and assigned areas. Liaise with front desk and engineering regarding all out of order rooms and other defects
* Ensure soft furnishings and d?cor of rooms are maintained to standard
* Oversee implementation of deep cleaning and replacement
* Ensure corrective action where necessary and inform the Director of Housekeeping regularly on performance of each staff member
* Assist in identification of training needs, conduct training of room attendants and porters where appropriate
* Check on a daily basis the arrivals, departures and VIP lists
* Check rooms to ensure they are cleaned and maintained to the required standard
* Ensure VIP gifts are replenished
* Conduct team briefings, daily line ups, monthly meetings as required
* Check that adequate linen, cleaning materials and guest supplies are held in each floor linen and supply closets
* Ensure all storage areas are kept clean, safe and are within local fire, safety, and health codes
* Ensure all public area and heart of house areas are clean
* Handle guest requests, inquiries and complaints with immediate action and thorough follow up
* Assist in stock taking of Housekeeping items when necessary
* Assist in monitoring and controlling housekeeping procedures, including lost property, key and pager control, security and emergency procedures
* Report immediately any matters concerning the security of the floors or public spaces to the security department
* Report immediately any valuable lost property to security and to log packages and all other lost property
* Assist fellow employees to perform similar or related jobs as and when necessary
Specific Job Knowledge & Skills:
* High School Diploma or equivalent required
* One to two years in a similar public contact position, preferably in an upscale or lifestyle brand hotel
* Enter and locate work related information using computers and/or point of sale systems
* Possess a gracious, friendly, and fun demeanor
* Ability to multitask, work in a fast paced environment and have a high level attention to detail
* Strong verbal and written communication skills in English
* Maintain positive and productive working relationships with other employees and departments
* Ability to work independently and to partner with others to promote an environment of teamwork
Associated topics: aide, cleaning, guest room attendant, hotel, house, maintenance, planchador de lavanderia, room attendant, servidor de lavanderfa, wyndham