Scholastic, the world's largest children's book publisher is looking for a Director of Product for its Digital Services division. Digital Services is a growing marketing technology group within the Scholastic Technology Services organization, and we need someone who lives and breathes digital product to lead our team of Product Owners and Business Analysts.
* Determine lean MVPs and phased rollout plans from business backlog.
* Collaborate with UX team on research, testing and overall best practices.
* Own milestones and global roadmap across six scrum teams.Work closely with business stakeholders, marketing leads, and engineering leads to define and prioritize work.
* Drive enterprise platform requirements and roadmap for capabilities, including our global content management and eCommerce platforms.
HOW YOU CAN FIT
* The candidate will be working in a fast-paced environment with business and technology groups. The role requires a self-starter who is passionate about education, digital technology, and talent development.
* The ideal candidate understands how many products overlap and integrate in a larger product ecosystem
* The ideal candidate has rolled out platforms and has completed migration to those platforms
* The ideal candidate is an exceptional problem solver and is extremely comfortable with ambiguity and change
The ideal candidate will have exceptional attention to detail.
* The ideal candidate is an expert negotiator and can influence without direct authority
* The candidate must be an enthusiastic team player with a good sense of humor
* The role requires critical analytical skills, sound judgment, and the ability to establish strong working relationships with business stakeholders.
* The individual should be adept in telling stories through presentations and diagrams/flows (and any other visual aid tools that are helpful for communications and alignment).
* The individual is a strong advocate for the end user
* The individual is active in the Product community and familiar with industry trends
* The candidate is data, goal and KPI focused.
WHO WE ARE
Scholastic Corporation (NASDAQ: SCHL) is the world's largest publisher and distributor of children's books, a leading provider of core literacy curriculum and professional services, and a producer of educational and entertaining children's media. The Company creates quality books and ebooks, print and technology-based learning programs for pre-K to grade 12, classroom magazines and other products and services that support children's learning both in school and at home. With operations in 14 international offices and exports to 165 countries, Scholastic makes quality, affordable books available to all children around the world through school-based book clubs and book fairs, classroom collections, school and public libraries, retail and online. True to its mission of 97 years to encourage the personal and intellectual growth of all children beginning with literacy, the Company has earned a reputation as a trusted partner to educators and families. Learn more at www.scholastic.com.
Some benefits that we offer:
* 100% vested of 401(k) Retirement Plan after 5 years employment * Up to 1M worth of supplemental Life Insurance * Tuition Reimbursement * Purchase Scholastic stock at a 15% discount
Thank you for your consideration in choosing Scholastic.
* Bachelor's degree or better * 5+ years of leadership and management experience * 5+ years of experience in working in Business Process, Product or similar field * A solid understanding of content management systems, and how they support content, user workflows and customer-facing features. * A solid understanding of eCommerce best practices. * Exceptional verbal, written and communication skills * Experience in presenting complex information in an understandable manner * Experience with prioritizing work against competing efforts * Experience defining and rolling out process for programs that include multiple agile teams * Experience in Agile and Agile tools (e.g. Jira, Gherkin) * Experience facilitating and defining minimum viable products for releases * Experience putting together business cases and cost benefit analysis * Experience generating user flows, data flows, story maps and other artifacts * Experience writing and reviewing user stories and acceptance criteria * Experience managing budgets
* Experience with Adobe Experience Manager and the Adobe Marketing Cloud * Experience with Salesforce * Experience with master data and identity and access management. * Certification in Agile (CSPO) * Expertise in the education K-12 sector, with K-5 specific experience * COPPA compliance experience * UX experience * Business or marketing experience