Digital Research and Data Acquisition
Are you interested in working in a new analytical and strategic center of excellence for a trusted brand? Scholastic has big plans for its approaching centennial and its Data & Analytics practice is playing a pivotal role as a data driven engine for the incubation of high value strategic and operational initiatives.
The Senior Manager of Digital Research & Data Acquisition will play a critical role conceptualizing and delivering innovative solutions in research and data acquisition, and linking those to the realization of business value. The ideal candidate excels at research, digital and third-party data acquisition and integration, and has solid commercial acumen, data handling, statistics and project management fundamentals. The candidate will take the lead on multiple business-critical initiatives and interface with key stakeholders in a highly visible and exciting environment.
What's the job?
* Manage quantitative and qualitative primary research projects, including writing and implementing surveys and running focus groups.
* Develop and manage an enterprise survey strategy and data solution.
* Manage and execute digital, social survey and social listening implementation.
* Develop a digital and third-party data strategy for Scholastic, working with Scholastic's business units, data engineering and infrastructure experts.
* Identifying vendors, managing RFPs, negotiation and vendor management.
* Evaluate, recommend and source digital and third-party data
* Initiate, manage and execute strategic and business intelligence projects, especially projects that utilize Scholastic's new data assets.
* Writing and delivering research reports to a variety of audiences - from data scientists to executives.
What Skills Do We Need?
* At least 7 years of relevant experience.
* Exposure to digital data collection tools e.g. UserZoom, OpinionLab, Qualtrix.
* Proven track record in managing and executing quantitative research and strategic projects.
* Commercial experience e.g. in e-commerce role, digital analytics, strategy consulting
* Familiarity with the key players in the social measurement ecosystem, with a clear vision for leveraging social data to delivering actionable insights.
* Solid fundamentals in data handling (SQL, PROC SQL) and statistical analysis.
* Exposure to large third-party data sets, offline and online, leveraged for building custom targets e.g. Acxiom, Experian, Epsilon, Datalogix, Exelate, and BlueKai.