This AVP role as an underwriter for the GL Treaty Reinsurance team is designed for an underwriter who possesses a firm grasp of US casualty underwriting basics and the willingness to dedicate themselves to learn the treaty reinsurance industry. In addition to a detailed training regimen, they will join a team of industry veterans to oversee and assist with growth. We expect them to participate in the underwriting of active business and travel immediately.
Key duties and responsibilities
* Evaluate renewal and new General Liability, Auto Liability, and Environmental Liability treaty reinsurance programs with oversight from direct report and/or experienced treaty underwriters.
* Structure and negotiate appropriate terms and conditions
* Evaluate and negotiate contract wording
* Evaluate and negotiate pricing in conjunction with actuaries
* Perform underwriting audits at current and potential clients
* Perform marketing trips to broker offices and establish marketing presence
* Identify clients that are attractive opportunities
* Identify brokers that handle accounts that fit the SCOR underwriting targets
* Attend industry conventions to promote SCOR and develop business relationships
* Account Management
* Coordinate all internal activity for all assigned accounts
* Responsibility to maintain all documentation for assigned accounts as per SCOR guidelines.
* Refer all issues as required by SCOR guidelines
Required experience & Education
* 2 years in the insurance industry in underwriting and/or actuarial roles with emphasis on casualty lines of business
* Good analytical skills
* Good communication and interpersonal skills
* Beginners negotiation skills with willingness to learn
* Strong Microsoft Office skills
* Beginners knowledge of actuarial science
* College degree required.
Associated topics: underwriter
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.