* Creates strong and effective internal partnerships with Client Growth, Brand Development, and Brand Deployment teams; collaborates across the business to ensure client needs are met and projects stay within scope, budget, timeline, quality, and other Key Performance Indicators (KPIs).
* Leads 'post-mortem' project review sessions for assigned clients; utilizes information from review sessions to recommend best practices for design strategy, concept creation, visual innovation, message delivery, and execution.
* Regularly analyzes the performance of the Creative Design project team (Art Direction, Design, Copywriting) through KPIs and other metrics; utilizes data in decision-making to maintain or improve team performance.
* Develops creative, innovative, and cost effective Creative Design strategies that meet client needs, utilizing project experience, current market trends, competitor intelligence, and innovative thinking.
* Maintains and utilizes a long-term, holistic view of the business.
* Communicates timely, relevant information to employees, as appropriate, so they understand company performance, business direction and initiatives, and how they contribute to and benefit from the Company's success.
* Is an inspiring role model through presence and actions.
* Takes ownership of personal actions and outcomes and encourages and empowers others to do the same.
* Drives change; demonstrates adaptability and fosters an environment that encourages open mindedness and flexibility in the face of ambiguity and change.
* Focuses own and the team's efforts on achieving SMART objectives aligned to the Company's Strategic Imperatives; acknowledges employees' efforts and rewards results.
* Sets high and clearly defined standards for direct reports; provides current, objective, and complete positive and constructive feedback and addresses performance concerns directly, fairly, and in a timely manner.
* Serves as a coach and mentor; provides coaching and feedback on specific skill development and encourages employees to pursue upward and lateral growth opportunities to enhance expertise and drive career development.
* Provides specific, objective feedback to direct reports through written performance reviews as part of the Global Performance Management program.
* Creates strong and effective internal partnerships and collaborates across the Company; listens and values the opinions of others.
* Is an effective team member; supports the team by pitching in at any level and effectively working across the organization to meet the needs of the business.
* Proactively seeks opportunities to increase knowledge, skills and abilities.
* Monitors and pursues upward and lateral growth opportunities to enhance expertise and drive career development.
* Supports Company's profitability efforts by encouraging and actively enabling innovation, creativity, and cost efficiency through all Creative Design client activities.
* Ensures client retention is maximized by delivering custom tailored solutions to meet clients' objectives and expectations.
* Leads the development and delivery of innovative proposals to capture both account growth and new business opportunities.
* May perform other duties, as needed, to meet the needs of the business.
* College degree (e.g. Bachelor of Arts) or equivalent degree within appropriate discipline such as Business, Graphic Arts, Marketing, Advertising, or an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the key accountabilities of the job required.
* Graduate degree or MBA (Masters of Business Administration) preferred.
* Proven Creative Design experience in a Creative Design Agency (design, advertising, marketing, publishing, film), Market Research firm, or similar functional area within a similar client environment.
* Previous experience supervising others.
* Experience in leading relationships and helping clients develop and deploy Marketing Communications within one or more industries.
Skills & Abilities
* Strong knowledge of business models, objectives, financial metrics, etc. used in decision-making; ability to build sound business cases to support innovative initiatives.
* Strong understanding of the Company's market and business environment and how it impacts business decisions.
* Strong understanding of effective Creative Design practices, trends, techniques, and processes across various touchpoints or mediums (e.g. packaging, in-store, online, mobile, print, direct).
* Strong problem-solving skills; ability to proactively identify and implement effective solutions.
* Demonstrated ability to build new relationships and nurturing existing relationships with internal and external clients.
* Strong understanding of the assigned clients' products and services and broad business strategy and challenges.
* Demonstrated ability to lead and adapt to the requirements of various client accounts.
* Demonstrated ability to make effective decisions in challenging situations and/or under pressure.
* Demonstrated ability to lead, mentor and manage individual contributors.
* Demonstrated ability to work well in a team environment and develop collaborative relationships with colleagues across the Company; willingness to work with colleagues at all levels.
* Demonstrated ability to manage heavy workloads, prioritize work appropriately, and meet assigned deadlines; excellent organizational and analytical skills (including attention to detail).
* Strong presentation and communication skills (written, verbal).
* Proficient computer skills (e.g. MS Office Suite, Adobe Suite)
* Requires regular travel either locally, nationally, and/or internationally may be required.
* The right candidate will embody Matthews International's Leader and Core Competencies
#LI-DB EEO Statement: Matthews International affords equal employment opportunities to employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, age, disability or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled