Since our founding in 1982, Shawmut Design and Construction (a 100% employee-owned company) has been recognized as a Best Place To Work 53 times by our employee-owners. At Shawmut, you will have the opportunity to own your career and deliver impact within our culture of ownership and innovation focused around providing the gold standard of client service for the world's most recognizable and elite brands and institutions.
We are looking for Assistant Superintendents to partner with our experienced Superintendents in overseeing the physical construction of the project and ensure it is delivered with a high level of quality, profitability and by meeting or exceeding the construction schedule. Do you like building fascinating commercial projects? Are you a team player who loves to work with multiple trades and an experience project team? In this role, you will assist the project team in managing the construction process and relationships with clients, subcontractors, and Shawmut staff.
Assist the Project Superintendent by ensuring tools, processes and other requirements are in place prior to the start of a project and through project life cycle
* Develop a big picture understanding of the project through drawing and document reviews
* Process Permits
* Manage Submittals and EWAs
* Coordinate Trade Execution of Punch List
* Experience in field construction and/or with a subcontractor
* Experience with large and varied projects consistent with Shawmut projects
* Experience with Procore, CMiC, MS Office Suites a plus
* Some local area travel may be required
Shawmut prohibits discrimination against any staff member or applicant on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, religion, national origin, marital status, veteran status, pregnancy, physical or mental disability, genetic information, disability, creed, citizenship status, or any other legally protected characteristic.