Since our founding in 1982, Shawmut Design and Construction a 100% employee-owned company has been recognized as a Best Place To Work 53 times by our employee-owners. At Shawmut, you will have the opportunity to own your career and deliver impact within our culture of ownership and innovation focused around providing the gold standard of client service.
We are currently looking for Project Superintendents to join Hospitality business line. Do you enjoy building incredible, challenging, rewarding projects? Our Superintendents have the daily support to excel in their role and make sure all our amazing projects are completed to the highest standard.
* Lead all daily field operations to ensure proper site safety, construction, progress, quality control and a clean site
* Develop comprehensive understanding of project strategy and commitments including financial goals, scheduling, logistics, phasing, milestones, inspections
* Work in partnership with PM to maintain an updated and accurate project schedule that reflects the changes in project status and that meets the cost and time requirements of the project
* Demonstrate and maintain effective and open dialogue with the project team regarding changes in work, job conditions, subcontractor relations and any deviation in the direction of the project
* Always promotes positive relationships by dealing expertly and fairly with all subcontractors and vendors while instilling this philosophy in the project team
* 7+ years' experience as a Project Superintendent in both a union and non-union environment at a general contractor
* Experience in managing, training and developing people
* Project experience should include out of the ground, renovation work in occupied and unoccupied environments, urban and suburban work locations, and a complete understanding of high-level finishes
* You will have experience with complex, fast paced, and high visibility projects
* This is a local position. Candidates must reside a commutable distance to our New York office- no per diem offered
Shawmut prohibits discrimination against any staff member or applicant on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, religion, national origin, marital status, veteran status, pregnancy, physical or mental disability, genetic information, disability, creed, citizenship status, or any other legally protected characteristic.
Associated topics: assistant restaurant manager, backend, conference, floor manager, kitchen manager, manager, night manager, produce manager, restaurant general manager, restaurant leader