About Sid Wainer & Son
Sid Wainer & Son, based in New Bedford, MA, has been the most prominent importer and distributor of specialty produce in the country since 1914. In addition to produce, Sid Wainer & Son offers artisanal cheese and specialty foods, including their exclusive Jansal Valley? line. Sid Wainer & Son supplies over 25,000 of the finest restaurants, hotels, gourmet shops, retailers, and caterers both domestically and internationally.
The Food Service Field Rep is responsible for sourcing, creating, and maintaining connections with our customers. This position requires in-depth knowledge of restaurant kitchen operations and menu creation, as well as specialty food retailers.
Territory & Schedule
* This position covers the lower Manhattan territory.
* This is a full time position; schedule is typically M-F from 8AM-5PM (some weekend and overtime work may be required).
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
* Implement sales strategies by speaking to some of the best chef's in the world.
* Implement sales strategies by working with independent specialty retailers.
* Gain new business by working through a sales funnel process
* Responsible for winning back lost business through our value proposition and customer commitment.
* Practice sound judgment and discretion with company's best interest always in mind.
* Expand the current, established customer base in a territory.
* Monitor internal, external, and competitor activity and report in meaningful and actionable way to management.
* Foster a sense of teamwork and employ creativity with chefs to create menus to exceed their expectations.
* The drive and commitment to stay current with food trends and seasonal items.
* Provide the highest level of customer service by supporting customers in their overall experience.
Required, Education and Experience:
* 4-year degree in Business or related field preferred.
* 4+ years in the culinary industry.
* Restaurant management experience preferred.
* Proficient in MS Office and e-mail.
* Health Insurance
* Prescription Drug Coverage
* Flexible Spending Accounts
* Dental Insurance
* Vision Care
* Paid Time Off
* Paid Holidays
* 401K Retirement Plan
* Life Insurance (Company paid)
* Quarterly bonus pay
* Short/Long Term Disability Insurance (Company paid)
* Employee Discounts
Associated topics: baker, catering, commercial, commercial kitchen, culinary school, deli chef, executive chef, grill chef, pantry, restaurant assistant chef