The Legal Recruiting Assistant provides administrative support to the Legal Recruiting Director and other members of the Legal Recruiting team.
Duties and Responsibilities
* Meets and greets candidates.
* Sends out reimbursement letters to applicants and sends letters to other firms with regard to shared NALP expenses.
* Acts as a point of contact for attorneys, summer associates and incoming associates via phone, email and in-person.
* Responsible for all data entry into recruiting databases
* Tracks and files incoming resumes and maintains recruiting databases.
* Schedules in-office interview dates with Summer Associate candidates.
* Liaises with Marketing department to create new associate/summer associate directories.
* Collects candidate evaluations and drafts all letters to candidates.
* Prepares orientation packets for new Summer and Fall associates; conducts office tours.
* Assists in setting up Summer Associate orientation schedules and in drafting welcome memos.
* Keeps track of inventory of marketing materials and orders additional supplies from the corporate office, as needed, for recruiting purposes.
* Assists in setting up events for the Summer program and assists in fostering attorney attendance at these events.
* Performs clerical functions such as preparing & organizing files and binders, opens & organizes incoming mail and other administrative duties
* Ability to work overtime during busy periods and attend summer and fall events, when necessary.
* Performs other work-related duties, as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform the Duties and Responsibilities (Duties) above satisfactorily and meet the requirements below. The requirements listed below are representative of the minimum knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job. If you need such an accommodation, please email ...@sidley.com (current employees should contact Human Resources).
Education and/or Experience:
* Associate's degree from an accredited university or college.
* Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
* Bachelor's degree from an accredited university or college.
* Law firm experience
* Experience working with HR databases (i.e., recruiting, PeopleSoft) would be a plus
Other Skills and Abilities:
The following will also be required of the successful candidate:
* Strong organizational skills
* Strong attention to detail
* Good judgment
* Strong interpersonal communication skills
* Strong analytical and problem solving skills
* Able to work harmoniously and effectively with others
* Able to preserve confidentiality and exercise discretion
* Able to work under pressure
* Able to manage multiple projects with competing deadlines and priorities
Sidley Austin LLP is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
Associated topics: consultant, headhunter, interview, recruit, recruiter, sourcer, sourcing support, specialist, staffing coordinator, talent acquisition