RegularLocation: New York, NY Position Summary:
Works with producers and members of the programming team to create superior sports radio programs primarily for Sirius XM Fight Nation. It is not mandatory, but an understanding and knowledge of the world of MMA, boxing, and wrestling is preferred. Candidate may work as a producer/board operator for sports talk shows on other channels as well and in the sports newsroom. Candidate will produce imaging for the program and create promos to promote said show(s). Supports creative processes, content development and production. Exercises both creative abilities and technical skills. Edits materials and operates an audio board. May be assigned to more than one program and perform slightly different functions across programs.
Duties and Responsibilities:
* Assist in the development of content for shows.
* Collaborate in the production of programs, promos and specials.
* Research topics and themes to write scripts, line copy, and develop show content for hosts.
* Develop novel and creative ways to present content.
* Attend creative meetings, and contribute to the selection of program content.
* Make recommendations to producers and management on program improvements.
* Obtain audio materials needed for production.
* Assist with scheduling program elements prior to air, ensuring that rotation and policies are followed.
* May independently produce segments of large programs.
* Review program log before every show and is capable of editing program log.
* Is responsible for the quality of any replays of the show(s).
* Is responsible for producing and editing audio clips to be posted to social media platforms.
* Run the audio board for various live and taped programs and edit audio for on-air use.
* Determine the appropriate mix of sound elements for assigned shows, and ensure that levels are mixed properly.
* Dub sound from a variety of sources (e.g., CD, DAT, LP, VHS, etc.).
* Enter clip information, music and non-music elements into audio software.
* Load and delete clips, and rips and edits promos and spots.
* Ensure that on-air product is up to broadcast standards before it leaves the studios.
* Ensure that sound equipment is functioning properly during shows.
* Work with talent and producers on following programming clocks so that all content and advertisements are featured as planned.
* Review work products with supervisor.
* Monitor assigned channels for quality control and reports content error and technical issues to the appropriate individuals for correction.
* Edit audio (e.g., insert additional clips, sound bites, etc.).
* Maintain database of program content for archival use.
Additional Duties and Responsibilities:
* May be required to fill in for producers.
* Coordinates special projects.
* Perform other duties as assigned.
* Bachelor's degree or equivalent, relevant experience.
* At least 2 years of experience at a radio station producing sports/entertainment programming.
Requirements and General Skills:
* Excellent creative writing and communication skills for radio.
* Highly detail oriented.
* Strong interest in sports, as related to assigned channels / programs.
* Comfortable working with talent, artists and high profile individuals.
* Excellent time management skills, with the ability to prioritize and multi-task, and work under shifting deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
* Must have legal right to work in the U.S.
* Proficiency in: Microsoft Office, Dalet, Cool Edit, Adobe Audition, mixing sound elements into a professional sounding product and operating an audio board, and multiple social media platforms.
As an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status.
The requirements and duties described above may be modified or waived by the Company in its sole discretion without notice.