Location: New York, NY
The Associate Technical Producer is responsible for supporting the operation and quality of studio sound and production equipment during live and pre-recorded programs. Operates equipment to record, edit, synchronize, mix and reproduce recordings. Taking direction from producers, talent and directors, participates in the creation of the sound image for assigned programs. Manage quality control of the audio and its playback via studio automation systems. Incumbents of this position may be assigned to more than one program and perform slightly different functions across programs.
Duties and Responsibilities:
* Checks studio equipment for proper functioning prior to going on air, reporting technical problems and equipment malfunctions.
* Runs the audio board for various live and taped programs and edits audio for on-air use.
* Ensures that on-air product is up to broadcast standards before it leaves the studios.
* Works with producers and talent on following programming clocks to ensure that all content and advertisements are featured as planned.
* Continues to explore options/resources to improve efficiency and quality of our automation.
* Ensures logs are formatted and commercials are scheduled properly and that all logs have been loaded into automation system.
* Works with producers, talent and directors to develop creative sound ideas to enhance program content.
* Chooses sound effects to enhance program image.
* Coordinates the appropriate mix of music and sound for assigned shows, and ensures that levels are mixed properly.
* Provides cues and support to talent to facilitate with program continuity.
* Ensures studio sound equipment is functioning properly during programs.
* Puts listener calls through to on-air talent and ends calls.
* Performs other duties as assigned.
* Bachelor's degree in communications or business preferred or equivalent, relevant experience.
* At least 3-5 years of experience working with radio studio equipment and playback/automation systems.
Requirements and General Skills:
* Excellent time management skills, with the ability to prioritize and multi-task, and work under shifting deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
* Interpersonal skills and ability to interact and work with staff at all levels.
* Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
* Willingness to take initiative and to follow through on projects
* Strong organizational skills and attention to details
* Highest level quality control skills.
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
* Must have legal right to work in the U.S.
* Previous use of RCS NextGen (Prophet/Zetta), Adobe Audition, Cool Edit preferred.
* Proficiency in ISDN operation.
* Operating studio sound equipment.
* Mixing sound elements into a professional sounding product.
As an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status.
The requirements and duties described above may be modified or waived by the Company in its sole discretion without notice.