Are you interested in working on the construction of healthcare facilities, higher education institutions, airports, and corporate offices? If so, Skanska USA Building may be the right fit for you!
Intern positions include: Engineering, Field Engineering (Mechanical or Civil), Cost Engineering, Safety Engineering, Estimating, Finance/Accounting, and Equipment/Maintenance.
What You'll Do:
* Coordinates project activities with direct supervision from Project and/or Operations Manager;
* Performs accounting activities with assistance;
* Performs estimating functions as requested with assistance;
* Performs other duties as assigned.
We're Looking For:
* Knowledge of basic phases of construction projects;
* Knowledge of mathematics functions (geometry, basic algebra);
* Computer skills (MS Office, HCSS, CGC, etc);
* Ability to perform all work in a timely, professional and efficient manner while effectively communicating and interacting with customers, clients, subcontractors and other third parties;
* Ability to develop and maintain project schedules and project budgets and to identify changes and discrepancies;
* Ability to present information in a clear and understandable manner in both written and verbal form;
* Ability to work with others in a team environment, exercising effective interpersonal skills;
* Ability to comply with all company policies, practices and standards of performance;
* Working towards bachelors in Construction Management, Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Civil Engineering or related field or equivalent through experience.
Developing Your Career at Skanska, You Will:
* Contribute to a sustainable future improving the lives of people, communities and companies;
* Collaborate in an open culture where sound values and dedicated people come together for greater results;
* Thrive in a people-driven international company with countless opportunities to learn and grow.
Skanska is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to status as a protected veteran or a qualified individual with a disability, or other protected status, such as race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or age.
Skanska USA is one of the largest, most financially sound construction and development companies in the U.S., serving a broad range of clients including those in transportation, power, industrial, water/wastewater, healthcare, education, sports, data centers, government, aviation, life sciences and commercial. Headquartered in New York with offices in 31 metro areas, we have nearly 11,000 employees committed to being leaders in safety, project execution, sustainability, ethics and people development. In 2017, our work in building construction, civil and power/industrial construction, commercial development and infrastructure development (public-private partnerships) generated $7.3 billion in revenue. Global revenue of parent company Skanska AB, headquartered in Stockholm and listed on the Stockholm Stock Exchange, totaled $18.8 billion in 2017. Skanska shares are publicly traded in the U.S. on the OTC market under the symbol SKBSY through a Level I American Depository Receipt program.
We are proud to be named one of America's Best Employers of 2017 by Forbes.
Search Firm and Employment Agency Disclaimer
Skanska USA Human Resources (\"Skanska HR\") provides HR services to the Skanska business units within the U.S.A. including Skanska USA Civil Inc., Skanska USA Building Inc., Skanska USA Commercial Development Inc. and Skanska Infrastructure Development Inc. (collectively \"Skanska USA\"). As such, Skanska HR is the sole authorized representative of Skanska USA to execute any agreements with search firms, employment agencies or any employment vendor (\"Vendor\"). As a condition precedent to any entitlement for payment, a Vendor shall have both (1) Skanska USA Placement Agreement, and (2) an Engagement Job Order executed by an authorized Skanska HR representative. Absent the properly executed documents, Skanska HR shall have no obligation to make payment to the Vendor. Verbal or written communications from any employee of Skanska USA business units shall not be considered binding obligations. All resumes whether unsolicited or solicited shall be considered property of Skanska HR.
Associated topics: analyse, analysis, bid, commercial, cost, financial, financial analyst, price, quote, representative