- SMBC Group
- $106,390.00 -159,250.00/year*
10 Bayside Terrace
JRI America, Inc. is seeking a Senior Oracle Database Administrator to work in Database Administration Group. The person in this position will be responsible to perform various database administration activities for Oracle 11g, Oracle 12c and Oracle 19c databases on RedHat Linux platform.
- Oracle database administration, configuration, load balancing, performance tuning, RMAN backup and recovery, database sizing and space management.
- PL/SQL and shell programming, PL/SQL tuning, diagnostics of Oracle 10g, 11g and 12c databases on AIX and Linux platforms.
- Administration and management of Oracle databases on Real Application Clusters
- Maintains working knowledge of the IT industry and vendor market to effectively address the development of database software systems and the ongoing demands for enhancements to existing systems to provide efficient services to business department and other database/application users
- Research, evaluation, and recommendations on data base educational material to peers and management.
- Other job-related duties requiring the same general knowledge, skills and degree of responsibility equivalent to the assigned level.
- Creation and administration of Oracle 11g, 12c and 19c databases on RedHat Linux platform in RAC and Standalone, physical and VM environments, following-up with IT and Apps Support teams on missing database backups, maintaining database reports catalog, documentation and management of database configuration drifts, continuous review of existing and creation of new database processes and procedures, periodic entitlement reviews.
- Upgrading and patching Oracle 11g, 12c and 19c databases
- Implementation, administration and usage of Oracle Real Application Clusters, Oracle Enterprise Manager Grid Control, Oracle Internet Directory. Experience with support and administration of Oracle e-Business Suite R12 is a plus.
- Developing and implementation database automation solutions and performing quality assurance verification of various database project implementations.
- Proactive database performance tuning, optimization of existing and creation of new database performance monitoring procedures
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or other related field
- 10+ years of related experience
- Good written and oral communication skills and interpersonal skills
- Strong technical documentation skills
- Highly self motivated and directed
- Keen attention to detail
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment
- Strong customer service orientation
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
- Understanding of Oracle Database 11g, 12c and 19c concepts, theories, principles and best administration practices
- Working experience with various database management systems in database implementation, testing, maintenance and administration in a multiple platform environment
- Previous database administration experience with demonstrated ability and knowledge of various platforms
- Knowledge of applicable data privacy practices and laws
- Rotating remote on-call support during off-business hours on regular days, holidays and the weekends
Associated topics: data analyst, data analytic, data center, data integration, data manager, data quality, data scientist, etl, sql, teradata
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...