Sodexo is seeking a General Manager 1 - Conference Services for a Corporate Services account in New York City. This account is a high-end, boutique financial firm in Midtown and this General Manager will have oversight of conference services totaling approximately $1M in managed volume with a building population of 250 guests.
This manager will:
* provide development and leadership to a Conference Services Manager, Receptionist, and three frontline (hourly-paid) employees including a Porter, Catering Attendant and Assistant Floor Captain
* oversee the successful execution of all conference services including AV/technology needs, technical troubleshooting, guest/client relations and requests, booking meetings, pre-conference room set-ups and breakdowns and logistics
* manage limited catering services including ordering, some set up and breakdown of events and handling catering drop-offs
* ensure the team maintains the company pantry in terms of ordering, inventory, cleanliness and replenishment needs.
* successfully manage all financials for this fee account
The Conference Services General Manager will typically work a Monday through Friday schedule with no weekends or holidays with a typical start time of 8:00 am.
Successful candidates for this position will have a hospitality background in luxury hotels, guest services, or a concierge-level environment.
Sodexo Corporate Environments - Click HERE to read more
Sodexo - A world leader in Food and Facilities Management Services
Connect, Search and Apply all on the go with the Sodexo Jobs App! Available for smart phones
Directs all contract management service operations at a Conference Center Campus, Meeting Management or Lodging property. Plans, organizes, staffs, and directs multiple services which generally includes: sales and marketing, conference services, food and beverage, front office, housekeeping, laundry, transportation, engineering, conference planning, audiovisual technology, accounting and finance, human resources, development and professional growth of management team. Manages the client relationship on a daily basis while ensuring customer satisfaction and good public relations. Manages through managers and is accountable for the contract. Senior-most person assigned to a one client account.Key Duties-Sales/revenue critical job duty-Business management overall business (operations management)-Supervision of staff/directing team-Communications/Sodexo process management
Qualifications & Requirements
Basic Education Requirement - Bachelor's Degree
Basic Management Experience - 5 years
Basic Functional Experience - 5 years of work experience in hospitality services including hotel management, conference center services, food services, etc.Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.