- Software Guidance & Assistance
10 Bayside Terrace
Software Guidance & Assistance, Inc., (SGA), is searching for a Java Developer
for a contract
assignment with one of our premier financial services clients in Jersey City, NJ
- Responsible for server side and web applications design & development.
- Development of common, reusable components and services
- Responsible for creating high throughput applications leveraging Velocity framework
- Working with core team to manage and support application.
- Ability to take initiative to research, learn and recommend emerging technologies
- Assist the client in the planning of overall application strategy
- Ability to work with global teams and lead them on critical project initiatives
- Solid understanding of enterprise application architecture from front to back
- Experience developing high performance server side components.
- At least 8-10 years' experience using J2EE to develop dynamic enterprise applications
- Good experience with caching and performance tuning
- Design and develop the core services ensuring strong reliability, scalability and performance
- Understanding of good design principles and ability to adhere to complex design
- Experience in working with global teams leading them to follow them the best practices / design on critical initiatives.
- Extensive hand-coding expertise in Core Java / J2EE development
- Proficiency with Spring Framework and Caching frameworks
- Strong experience in data modeling and experience with relational and no-sql database. Oracle and MongoDB
- Experienced in building and managing REST Apis
- Experience with ELASTIC Search / SOLR
- Actually enjoy working with others, which is vital in a collaborative environment that balances knowledge sharing with blocks of focused, uninterrupted production time. You want to work with a team face-to-face and provide guidance and work with other developers.
- Relish tackling new challenges, paying attention to details, and, ultimately, growing professionally.
- Strong academic record, ideally with a Bachelors or Masters degree in Computer Science, Information Science or related technical or quantitative discipline. Demonstrable success in designing and delivering multi-tiered applications.
- Prior experience with building distributed, multi-tier applications is highly desirable having built apps which are highly performant and scalable
- Experience with front end UI technologies, especially ReactJS experience will be plus.
- Experience with Python will be a big plus.
- Experience with APIm or APIgee platforms which provided data on demand / live streaming capabilities will be plus.
SGA is a Certified Women's Business Enterprise (WBE) celebrating over thirty years of service to our national client base for both permanent placement and consulting opportunities. For consulting positions, we offer a variety of benefit options including but not limited to health & dental insurance, paid vacation, timely payment via direct deposit. SGA accepts transfers of H1 sponsorship for most contracting roles. We are unable to sponsor for Right-to-Hire, Fulltime, or Government roles. All parties authorized to work in the US are encouraged to apply for all roles. Only those authorized to work for government entities will be considered for government roles. Please inquire about our referral program if you would like to submit a candidate for any of our open or future job opportunities. SGA is an EEO employer. We encourage Veterans to apply. To view all of our available job postings and/or to learn more about SGA please visit us online at .
- provided by Dice
Associated topics: application developer, architecture, c/c++, c#, design pattern, develop, expert, lead, project architect, software architect
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...